Josep at GFT
6 August, 2021at 6.30 p.m.
Screening as part of the Mediterranean Summer Special season.
Winner of the César Award for Best Animated Film and Best European Animated Feature, Josep is a film portrait of Josep Bartolí, the Catalan artist who fought in the Spanish Civil War and fled to Mexico after escaping from a concentration camp. Josep was a soldier against Franco, a lover of Frida Kahlo and victim of the Hollywood blacklist.
February 1939. Spanish republicans are fleeing Franco’s dictatorship to France. The French government has built a concentration camp, confining the refugees, where they barely have access to hygiene, water and food. In this unlikely context two men will become friends. One is a guard, the other is Josep Bartolí, a Catalan illustrator who fights against Franco’s regime.
GFT, 12 Rose Street, G3 6RB
This section: Cinema
Filed under: Cinema
- Do The Right Thing, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Our Ladies, GFT
- Annette, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wildfire plus Q & A at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sweetheart, Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021
- Aya Films – showcasing new Scottish curatorial talent
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021 – Programme Announced
- Women’s Work, Nature and the Colonies – Climate Change Screenings
- Eye of the Storm film by Anthony Baxter
- Nae Pasaran – Outdoor Screening East Kilbride
- Winnie Herbstein – Dampbusters at CCA
- Zola at GFT
- Film Festival at Govanhill International Festival
- Fallen Angels, GFT
- Summer of Soul, GFT
- The Letter, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Now, Voyager at GFT
- Josep at GFT
- The Reason I Jump, Access Film Club at GFT
- Another Round, GFT