Introductions to birding in Glasgow – with Scott Rogers Part IV(Nature Recovery)
Woodlands Community 3 March, 2021 5.30 p.m.
Bird Watch – Online Workshop
Event by Woodlands Community
Free · Duration: 1 hr
Have you been finding solace in appreciating the birds during lock down? What to find out more identification tips and tricks to develop knowledge of how to bird watch more astutely? Join bird enthusiast and artist Scott Rogers for our upcoming part IV of extra special online workshops: Introductions to birding in Glasgow.
Details for session:
Spring is starting to show, and the birds are making a lot more noise! This week Scott will introduce (and attempt to imitate) the songs and calls of a few common Glasgow birds. There will be additional tips and tricks for improving your skills, as well as resources for remembering what you hear. Do you have a spark bird*? There will be time for questions, conversation, and to share your sightings as well at the end.
*A spark bird is the bird that first got you hooked on birding.
As always bring your questions or stories about recent observations you’d like to share. All contributions are very welcome!
For novice birdwatchers and avid fans alike. It is not necessary for you to have been present for any of the previous sessions. New attendees welcome!
Please join Woodlands Community! Register for this event on 3 March .
- Halloween 2021 – Spooktacular Walk, Glasgow Green
- Listening Party Launch – Jim Byrne’s E.P. ‘4 Country & Folk Songs’
- Folk Wi’ The Patter – Shaun Moore
- African Wall Art and Stories by Lantern Light
- Black History Month, Being A Black Woman in Society Today
- The Great Black History Quiz CRER
- COP26 Glasgow Trade Union and Workers Bloc
- Denise Mina, Creative Conversations
- Nature Stories with Emily Dodd, The Children’s Wood
- Black Histories on Film at Glasgow Film Theatre 2021
- BFI London Film Festival 2021 at Glasgow Film Theatre
- French Film Festival UK 2021
- October Break Free Food Giveaway Glasgow’s East End
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Tanna Slamma Ding Dong, Tannahill Arts Festival
- Unchained Comedy Club at McChuills
- The Children’s Wood – Nicola Davies with Readings and Screening
- Atlantic Slavery Glasgow ‘Hidden in Plain Sight’
- Anti Racist Group Woodlands Community
- Volunteer Led Bike Ride