Introductions to birding in Glasgow – with Scott Rogers Part IV(Nature Recovery)
Woodlands Community 3 March, 2021 5.30 p.m.
Bird Watch – Online Workshop
Event by Woodlands Community
Free · Duration: 1 hr
Have you been finding solace in appreciating the birds during lock down? What to find out more identification tips and tricks to develop knowledge of how to bird watch more astutely? Join bird enthusiast and artist Scott Rogers for our upcoming part IV of extra special online workshops: Introductions to birding in Glasgow.
Details for session:
Spring is starting to show, and the birds are making a lot more noise! This week Scott will introduce (and attempt to imitate) the songs and calls of a few common Glasgow birds. There will be additional tips and tricks for improving your skills, as well as resources for remembering what you hear. Do you have a spark bird*? There will be time for questions, conversation, and to share your sightings as well at the end.
*A spark bird is the bird that first got you hooked on birding.
As always bring your questions or stories about recent observations you’d like to share. All contributions are very welcome!
For novice birdwatchers and avid fans alike. It is not necessary for you to have been present for any of the previous sessions. New attendees welcome!
Please join Woodlands Community! Register for this event on 3 March .
- Loch Lomond Highland Games 2022
- Sma’ Shot Day 2022
- Alasdair Gray’s Lanark: A World Made on Paper – The Hunterian
- Journey from Jamaica iBrina – Merchant City Festival
- No Evictions Glasgow Open Meeting
- Glasgow Literary Lounge at the Scotia Bar
- Letters of Hope, Milk Cafe, Refugee Festival
- Glasgow Pride Mardi Gla – U of G Group
- Young Planters Pop up Plant Sale
- Artist Aid Ukraine – The Pentagon, Glasgow
- The Words – A Play, A Pie and A Pint
- Stories of Our Worlds – Refugee Festival 2022
- Our Past and Present Beautiful Lives: part of Refugee Week
- Eusebi Afternoon Tea – Charity Fundraiser
- Make Music Day 2022
- Glasgow Mela 2022
- Aye Festival – Spit it Out
- Festival of Growing
- Ando Glaso – Roma Cultural Festival
- The Summer of Discontent – Glasgow Against Closures