Her Century: Scottish Women on Film GFT
Tuesday 15 October, 2019 – 6.15 p.m.
Scotland’s women lived through major social change in the twentieth century, challenging their roles in society and fighting for equality: at work and at home, from classroom to croft, and from girlhood to motherhood. Discover their stories and hear their voices in Her Century, a timely collection of archive film curated by the National Library of Scotland and guaranteed to spark debate. These films are screened together for the first time in a touring programme full of contemporary relevance.
Featuring work from Scottish female filmmakers including Sarah Erulkar, Brigid ‘Budge’ Cooper and Jenny Gilbertson, these rarely-seen films follow women’s histories through 100 years of filmmaking in Scotland.
All tickets £6
This screening will be introduced by Girlhood Gang.
Her Century is supported by Film Hub Scotland, part of the BFI’s Film Audience Network and funded by BFI and Screen Scotland. In partnership with the National Library of Scotland Moving Image Archive.
GFT 12 Rose Street, G3 6RB
This section: Cinema
Filed under: Cinema
- It’s A Wonderful Life Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema Glasgow
- First events announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- After the Wedding, GFT
- Luce, GFT
- Havana Film Festival 2019
- Matchbox Cineclub Best of Final Girls Berlin 2019 CCA
- Then And Now & What Could Be: Housing Rights & Solidarity CCA
- Libre / To the Four Winds Alliance Francaise Glasgow
- Miles Davis: Birth of the Cool GFT
- Meeting Gorbachev GFT
- CineCard Preview: The Report GFT
- French Film Festival GFT 2019
- Sorry We Missed You, GFT
- Migrant Voice Feel at Home Short Films
- Cooking Pot Biting the Hand that Feeds, CCA
- UK Jewish Film Festival 2019 at GFT Glasgow
- UK Jewish Film Festival 2019 CCA
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2019 Glasgow
- Green Film Festival 2019 GFT
- Mandy, Halloween at GFT