Her Century: Scottish Women on Film GFT
Tuesday 15 October, 2019 – 6.15 p.m.
Scotland’s women lived through major social change in the twentieth century, challenging their roles in society and fighting for equality: at work and at home, from classroom to croft, and from girlhood to motherhood. Discover their stories and hear their voices in Her Century, a timely collection of archive film curated by the National Library of Scotland and guaranteed to spark debate. These films are screened together for the first time in a touring programme full of contemporary relevance.
Featuring work from Scottish female filmmakers including Sarah Erulkar, Brigid ‘Budge’ Cooper and Jenny Gilbertson, these rarely-seen films follow women’s histories through 100 years of filmmaking in Scotland.
All tickets £6
This screening will be introduced by Girlhood Gang.
Her Century is supported by Film Hub Scotland, part of the BFI’s Film Audience Network and funded by BFI and Screen Scotland. In partnership with the National Library of Scotland Moving Image Archive.
GFT 12 Rose Street, G3 6RB
This section: Cinema
Filed under: Cinema
- National Library of Scotland Kelvin Hall – World Thinking Day
- A Beautiful Day in The Neighbourhood, GFT
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Jazz On A Summer’s Day
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020, Disco
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Simple Women presented by Femspectives
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Rocks
- Parasite GFT
- Pity Party Film Club Tangerine CCA
- Valentine’s Day at GFT 2020
- A Streetcar Named Desire, GFT
- True Romance, Late Night Movie at GFT
- Take 2: StarDog TurboCat GFT
- Alasdair Gray: A Life in Progress GFT
- Preview: Portrait of a Lady on Fire
- Pity Party Film Club Clockwatchers CCA
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 Secret Location: Final Destination
- Pity Party Film Club Thelma & Louise CCA
- Eminent Torture: A Manual for Modern Horror plus Recorded Introduction
- Show Me The Picture: Story of Jim Marshall
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 – Short Film Festival Programme