Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Parasite (black and white version announced)
Thursday 5th March, 2020 – 5.45 p.m.
GFT, 12 Rose Street, Glasgow G3 6TB
Glasgow Film Festival to host UK premiere of black and white version of multi-Oscar winner Parasite
Bong Joon Ho’s Best Picture-winning social satire will be seen in a whole new light at Glasgow Film Festival (GFF)
Tickets on sale 12pm Wednesday 12 February, 2020
Bong Joon Ho’s history-making South Korean social satire (the first foreign language film ever to win Best Picture) will be given a whole new dimension in this re-filtered new edit.
A huge fan of black and white cinema, at the version’s world premiere at Rotterdam International Film Festival earlier this month, Bong Joon Ho said: “I think it may be vanity on my part, but when I think of the classics, they’re all in black and white. So I had this idea that if I turned my films into black and white then they’d become classics.”
The new version of Parasite was made before the original colour edition had its premiere in Cannes, and Bong Joon Ho, alongside his director of photography and colourist, created the new grading shot by shot.
Glasgow Film Festival 26 February – 8 Match, 2020
The 16th annual Glasgow Film Festival will run from 26 February to 8 March. It opens with the UK premiere of Alice Winocour’s Proxima and closes with the UK premiere of How to Build a Girl, the big screen adaptation of Caitlin Moran’s blockbusting memoir from director Coky Giedroyc. Glasgow Film Festival (GFF) is one of the leading film festivals in the UK and run by Glasgow Film, a charity which also runs Glasgow Film Theatre (GFT). GFF is made possible by support from Screen Scotland, the BFI (using award funds from the National Lottery), Glasgow Life and EventScotland, part of VisitScotland’s Events Directorate.
Allison Gardner, Glasgow Film Festival Co-director, said: “Having picked up both the Palme D’or and the Best Picture Oscar, Parasite is undoubtedly one of the biggest films in recent years. Glasgow Film Festival is thrilled to be bringing Bong Joon Ho’s black and white version of his record-breaking film to UK audiences for the first time, adding a whole new dimension to this astonishing arthouse blockbuster.”
This section: Cinema, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Bemis – Celtic Connections in the Community
- Opening Celebration Concert Celtic Connections Online 2021
- Glasgow Film Festival 2021 – Programme Announced
- Online Dance Club LGBTI Plus Elders – National Theatre of Scotland
- Opening Celebration Concert – Celtic Connections 2021 Online
- Announcement Full Programme Celtic Connections Online Festival 2021
- Hogmanay Live Event – ‘One singer one song’
- Carlton Studios Crowdfunder Saturdays FB Livestream
- Christmas Exhibition 2020 – Compass Gallery
- Refuweegee Festive Benefit Gig
- Opening Film and Closing Gala Glasgow Film Festival 2021
- Virtual Santa Dash 2020
- Echo GFT At Home
- David Attenborough ‘A Life On Our Planet’ film screening
- Arracht – Glasgow Film Theatre at Home
- The Long Walk – GFT A Home
- Africa in Motion 2020
- Cambridge Literary Festival – Winter Festival Online
- French Film Festival 2020 – Online
- Big Book Week Scotland Quiz 2020