Everything – The Real Thing Story Q & A
Monday 20 January, 2020 – 8.15 p.m.
Against a backdrop of racism and social and political turmoil, The Real Thing were the first all-black British band to hit Number 1 in the pop charts – with ‘You to Me Are Everything’ – and as a result became the original black pin-ups for teenage fans in the UK. In this new documentary the ‘other four lads from Liverpool’ tell their story from the tough streets of Toxteth to the bright lights of New York, and international stardom as Britain’s first million-selling soul and funk band.
The band’s massive success has also been tempered with personal tragedy, but for the very first time Eddy, Chris and Dave tell their incredible story of a 45-year-long career. After five decades, they remain the true pioneers of British soul.
Followed by a Q&A with director Simon Sheridan and original band members Chris Amoo and Dave Smith.
GFT 12 Rose Street, G3 6RB
This section: Cinema
Filed under: Cinema
- National Library of Scotland Film Friday
- ‘A Handful of Dates’ Africa in Motion Online
- The Atom: A Love Affair GFT watch online
- Best of Africa in Motion Shorts – Shoeshine screening online
- BAKOSÓ: AFROBEATS DE CUBA FILM – Africa in Motion
- National Theatre Live Events GFT
- Twitter Chat, Little Women at GFT Online Film Club
- Film Friday Art in the Archive National Library of Scotland
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival – Top Documentary Picks for Young People
- Tomorrow Is Always Too Long by Phil Collins (2014) watch online
- At Home With GFT
- Home – digital collaboration – first of three short films
- The Glasgow Diet – Documentary on History of Food fundraiser
- The Social Isolation Film Festival curated by GFT
- Glasgow Short Film Festival 2020: My First Film
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020, The August Virgin review Fionnuala Boyle
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 Celebrates Record Audience Figures
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 Women Make Film
- International Women’s Day Glasgow 2020 – Bike for Good
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Billie