Everything – The Real Thing Story Q & A
Monday 20 January, 2020 – 8.15 p.m.
Against a backdrop of racism and social and political turmoil, The Real Thing were the first all-black British band to hit Number 1 in the pop charts – with ‘You to Me Are Everything’ – and as a result became the original black pin-ups for teenage fans in the UK. In this new documentary the ‘other four lads from Liverpool’ tell their story from the tough streets of Toxteth to the bright lights of New York, and international stardom as Britain’s first million-selling soul and funk band.
The band’s massive success has also been tempered with personal tragedy, but for the very first time Eddy, Chris and Dave tell their incredible story of a 45-year-long career. After five decades, they remain the true pioneers of British soul.
Followed by a Q&A with director Simon Sheridan and original band members Chris Amoo and Dave Smith.
GFT 12 Rose Street, G3 6RB
This section: Cinema
Filed under: Cinema
- Fright Fest Glasgow Film Festival Online 2021
- Glasgow Film Festival 2021 – Programme Announced
- Opening Film and Closing Gala Glasgow Film Festival 2021
- Echo GFT At Home
- David Attenborough ‘A Life On Our Planet’ film screening
- Arracht – Glasgow Film Theatre at Home
- The Long Walk – GFT A Home
- Africa in Motion 2020
- French Film Festival 2020 – Online
- Real Bread Bakers – Screening and Discussion
- Glasgow Film Festival 2021
- Glasgow Film Theatre – Films Online
- Welcome to Hgff20 with Co-Directors Eirene Houston and Hugo Rivalt
- GFT – Coronavirus – Cinema to close temporarily from 2 November
- Reimagining Our Economy – Screening Woodlands Community
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2020
- Canada Now – New Canadian Cinema at GFT
- Saint Maud, GFT
- On The Rocks, GFT
- I Am Greta – GFT