Everything – The Real Thing Story Q & A
Monday 20 January, 2020 – 8.15 p.m.
Against a backdrop of racism and social and political turmoil, The Real Thing were the first all-black British band to hit Number 1 in the pop charts – with ‘You to Me Are Everything’ – and as a result became the original black pin-ups for teenage fans in the UK. In this new documentary the ‘other four lads from Liverpool’ tell their story from the tough streets of Toxteth to the bright lights of New York, and international stardom as Britain’s first million-selling soul and funk band.
The band’s massive success has also been tempered with personal tragedy, but for the very first time Eddy, Chris and Dave tell their incredible story of a 45-year-long career. After five decades, they remain the true pioneers of British soul.
Followed by a Q&A with director Simon Sheridan and original band members Chris Amoo and Dave Smith.
GFT 12 Rose Street, G3 6RB
This section: Cinema
Filed under: Cinema
- Red Thread Film Club Lynne Ramsay – Gasman and Ratcatcher
- A Hidden Life, GFT
- Weathering With You GFT
- Waves GFT
- Bombshell GFT
- Cleanin’ Up The Town Remembering Ghostbusters GFT
- Preview: The Man Who Killed Don Quixote + Recorded Q&A GFT
- Everything – The Real Thing Story Q & A
- Film: Invading the Skin of the Earth: Soil
- Preview: Parasite + Satellite Q&A with Bong Joon-ho-GFT
- Little Women, GFT
- Knives Out GFT
- Calamity Jane Singalong GFT
- Jojo Rabbit GFT
- Seberg GFT
- El Topo GFT
- Hitler’s Hollywood, GFT
- Uncut Gems GFT
- Aquarela GFT
- Matchbox Cineclub Cage-a-rama 2020