East End Free Festival
Announcing the first EAST END FREE FESTIVAL
September 7th, 2019
257 London Road, G40 1PE
MUSIC – COMEDY – PERFORMANCE – WORKSHOPS
This one day festival is absolutely free to attend and will be showcasing a diverse and representative array of acts from all over Scotland!
We are excited to welcome you to the premier instalment of this monthly all day festival.
** LINE UP ANNOUNCEMENT SOON! ** . ( See updates on Facebook)
The East End Free Festival festival is committed to:
Showcasing a diverse and representative array of acts
That means 50/50 gender representation and providing space for performers of all ages, ethnicities, orientations and abilities.
Having a presence throughout the year
A true resource for the community rather than a one-off pop up. Thats why we are putting it on the first Saturday of every month.
Keeping the festival free at the point of use
Music and art has the power to build communities, inspire and manifest new abilities and careers and it allows us to express our humanity together. The best antidote to a seemingly bleak world. Thats why it has to be open to everyone. People can pay it forward if they have the means but no payment is necessary to participate and enjoy.
Pay all performers as much as possible
So artists aren’t out of pocket and can sustain and grow their immense talents. We will continue to try gather other sources of income so we can offer more opportunities to perform.
Get in touch with us if you would like to play or have any questions! Email.
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Scenes for Survival Courier Culture
- G20 Festival Safe Play for Children Under 11
- Murder at the Mela by Leela Soma
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Debut Shortlist and McIlvanney Prize Longlist
- Summer Art Sessions Woodlands Community
- Outdoor Activities Woodlands Community
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Climate Change The Facts David Attenborough Savvy Film
- Food Truck and Craft Beer Festival Rouken Glen
- Drive In Movies Paisley
- Anna (Young Adults Book) by Laura Guthrie
- Edinburgh Film Festival At Home
- A Northern Extravaganza with Shetlandic Poets Christie Williamson and Roseann Watt
- Jasmine Boutique – Stay at Home Service
- World Refugee Day Saturday 20 June, 2020
- Sunset Sessions with Alan Frew
- Joan of Arc Glasgow Film Theatre – Virtual Cinema
- French Film Festival UK November – December 2020
- Nurture through Nature – one to one support Woodlands Community