Deep Dive Workshops Stay at Home Literary Festival
Tuesday 13 October, 2020, 6 p.m.
Zoom Event- Stay At Home Literary Festival
Elizabeth Reeder shares with you the complex nature surrounding the conception, execution, and most importantly the process of her decision-making in her writing projects.
About the Event
As a writer, Dr. Elizabeth K. Reeder has a total addiction to creating unspoken, embedded challenges for each project she undertakes. For each of her books, she has an image or impossibility or imagined question that guides the pace, story, character and structure. For Dr. Reeder, this had meant holding: an imaginary, flawed and failed map (Fremont); an impossible archive of emotions and half-forgotten actions (An Archive of Happiness); using fugitive traces of the chemistry of fire to create a triptych tension that pulls everything taut underneath the scenes, characters, and stories (Those We Buried). It’s also been the drive of a traditional form, like elegy, that gives structure to an otherwise unsettling, hybrid text (MICROBURSTS) (which is also the produce of a collaboration with an artist). To the maker, these ideas are alive and imbued with an incredible playful and essential energy that is key as she writes and as she makes clear, defined, editorial decisions about the texts. They are sort of instincts (in that they become muscle memory as she enacts them in the process of writing) and they provide an ongoing source of fuel for her writing, thinking, and feeling around her work. Dr. Reeder will be facilitating a number of seminars and workshops exploring maps, archives, and elegies. Each session is independent of the others, so you don’t need to have attended earlier sessions to join in those that follow.
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more, Writing, Zoom and online events
- The Coming Back Out Ball – National Theatre of Scotland
- Independent Bookshop Week 2021
- Tell it slant, Glasgow: Book Launch: A Bird Is Not A Stone.
- Red Squirrel Press – Launch of Three Publications
- #StreamMyStory Children’s Online Events Summer 2021
- Women’s Library – In Conversation with Paria Goodarzi
- Bloody Scotland 2021 McIlvanney Prize Long List Announced
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- The Owner of the Sea – Richard Price readings and discussion
- Moving Image Archive, National Library of Scotland, Kelvin Hall
- Glasgow Writers: Tom Leonard
- Bernard MacLaverty: Glasgow Writer
- Janet Paisley: Scottish Author, Poet and Playwright
- Glasgow Writer: Samina Chaudry
- Graeme Macrae Burnet – Glasgow Writer
- Glasgow Writers: Willy Maley
- Glasgow Writers: Alistair Braidwood – Scots Whay Hae!
- Glasgow Writers: Theresa Talbot
- Glasgow Writers: Pauline Lynch
- Mandabi, GFT