Deep Dive Workshops Stay at Home Literary Festival
Tuesday 13 October, 2020, 6 p.m.
Zoom Event- Stay At Home Literary Festival
Elizabeth Reeder shares with you the complex nature surrounding the conception, execution, and most importantly the process of her decision-making in her writing projects.
About the Event
As a writer, Dr. Elizabeth K. Reeder has a total addiction to creating unspoken, embedded challenges for each project she undertakes. For each of her books, she has an image or impossibility or imagined question that guides the pace, story, character and structure. For Dr. Reeder, this had meant holding: an imaginary, flawed and failed map (Fremont); an impossible archive of emotions and half-forgotten actions (An Archive of Happiness); using fugitive traces of the chemistry of fire to create a triptych tension that pulls everything taut underneath the scenes, characters, and stories (Those We Buried). It’s also been the drive of a traditional form, like elegy, that gives structure to an otherwise unsettling, hybrid text (MICROBURSTS) (which is also the produce of a collaboration with an artist). To the maker, these ideas are alive and imbued with an incredible playful and essential energy that is key as she writes and as she makes clear, defined, editorial decisions about the texts. They are sort of instincts (in that they become muscle memory as she enacts them in the process of writing) and they provide an ongoing source of fuel for her writing, thinking, and feeling around her work. Dr. Reeder will be facilitating a number of seminars and workshops exploring maps, archives, and elegies. Each session is independent of the others, so you don’t need to have attended earlier sessions to join in those that follow.
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more, Writing, Zoom and online events
- Paisley Book Festival 2021 – Online
- Bemis – Celtic Connections in the Community
- Opening Celebration Concert Celtic Connections Online 2021
- Glasgow Film Festival 2021 – Programme Announced
- Creative Conversations: Oyinkan Braithwaite
- Multi-talented and Versatile – Laura Turnbull Fyfe
- Sav Aiello Yoga Savvy Classes
- This is not the time to be the bad angel by Jim Byrne
- Online Dance Club LGBTI Plus Elders – National Theatre of Scotland
- Opening Celebration Concert – Celtic Connections 2021 Online
- Announcement Full Programme Celtic Connections Online Festival 2021
- Poetry by Hafsah Bashir
- Balloch Open Mic – Vale Lad ‘Done Good’ – again
- Hogmanay Live Event – ‘One singer one song’
- Online End of Year Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Carlton Studios Crowdfunder Saturdays FB Livestream
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: The Eve of Destruction – again?
- Balloch House Hotel Open Mic (in abeyance)
- Shaking Hands With Christmas – Brian Whittingham
- Christmas Exhibition 2020 – Compass Gallery