Creative Thursdays – Jewish Textile Art
Thursday 24 September, 2020 – 10 a.m.
Jewish Textile Art: with Prof Malcolm Lochhead, Debby Taylor with Marsha Gladstone.
Free Event –
The Giffnock Synagogue Yoni Jesner Memorial Parochet (Curtain) with Malcolm Lochhead, textile artist and designer. Emeritus Professor of Visual Design, Glasgow Caledonian University – in conversation with Marsha Gladstone: a glimpse at a creative career and a creative process.
Yoni Jesner was killed in a suicide bombing in Jerusalem in 2002 and Marsha Gladstone, his mother, wanted a way to remember him in the synagogue that had a special place in his heart.
Also: Lockdown Quilting, and the Aberdeen Mantles – with Debby Taylor (Aberdeen Hebrew Congregation)
After the presentations from 10 a.m. to 12 noon there’ll be a chance to stay online till 1 p.m. to meet Malcolm Lochead, hear about the rest of his career, chat to Marsha and Debby, and exchange your own embroidery and quilting stories.
You’re welcome to sew to your hearts’ content alongside our sessions
Donations will be invited in aid of the Yoni Jesner
The Lockdown Quilt will be raffled in
November 2020, in aid of the Aberdeen Synagogue roof
(image: Synagogue Curtain Giffnock and Newlands Synagogue by Malcolm Lochhead)
- Carols in the Cloisters
- Christmas Fayre Gallowgate
- Coorie In at Glasgow Botanic Gardens
- Christmas Come and Sing, University of Glasgow Choir
- Friday Focus: Scottish Art Acquisitions
- Panto: A Crackin Cinderella Story at Websters
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- White Christmas – Andre Rieu
- Eileen at GFT
- We Dare To Dream + Q and A at GFT
- Preview: Earth Mama plus Q and A
- Maestro at GFT
- Fallen Leaves
- Elf at IMAX Glasgow and Glasgow Science Centre Galleries
- Cinemasters: Powell and Pressburger GFT
- Take 2: Trolls Band Together
- Oppenheimer at GFT 70mm
- It’s a Wonderful Life GFT
- Arthur’s Christmas Tale in aid of Shelter Scotland
- The Tell Tale Rooms with Andrew Kötting