Charlie Gracie’s Testimonial at Scottish Writers
Tuesday 2 May, 2023 at 7 p.m.
Scottish Writers Centre, Centre for Contemporary Arts 350 Sauchiehall Street Glasgow G2 3JD
An evening of celebration and appreciation for former chair Charlie Gracie’s writing and contribution to the writing life of Scotland.
Writers Groups: how they work and how they are vital to Scottish Writing.
Charlie Gracie, former chair of the Scottish Writers’ Centre, will chair this event on writers groups. With members of the G2 Writers Group and guests, it is an opportunity to learn more about writers groups and to connect with other writers.
In Scotland there is a long tradition of writers groups Groups vary in approach: collectives of people sharing their work; groups tutored by experienced and well-known names; community-based groups. Participants vary too, from those aiming for publication and progressing a career to those who love the craic, the fellowship of others who write. They have supported many of us learn their craft, enabled them to develop networks and supported some of the most exciting writers to emerge from across the country.
Whether you’re part of a group or not, join Scottish Writers’ Centre on Tuesday 02/05/2023 to learn, share your experiences and connect with other writers.
Charlie and some of the G2 Writers will be sharing their own writing, all of which was developed and supported by their membership of the group.
The evening will finish with a panel discussion, chaired by Charlie, which will explore the joys, challenges and opportunities in writers groups. Panel members will include Sheila Wakefield, poet, editor and publisher and Co-chair of the Scottish Writers’ Centre; novelist, poet and G2 member, Moira McPartlin; Anjana Sen, short story writer, poet and Secretary of the Scottish Association of Writers and member of Eastwood Writers, and Chris Powici, poet, university creative writing teacher and former tutor with Stirling Writers Group.
- Love Lies Bleeding Opening Gala Glasgow Film Festival 2024
- Under One Roof – Taking Care of Your Tenement
- THE G at Glasgow Film Festival 2024
- Glasgow Literary and Music Lounge at The Scotia Bar
- The Burning Season (2023) review Pat Byrne
- Govan Music Festival – Glasgow Barons
- Textile Repair, Sashiko with Keng Keng Watt
- Full Programme Announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2024
- Take 2: Turning Red
- The Settlers
- Hamlet + Ian McKellen Recorded Q&A
- El Castillo + Q&A
- Second Hand and Vintage Sale Britannia Panopticon
- Cesária Évora + Q&A
- Perfect Days
- CineMasters: Terrence Malick
- Black Dog
- Billy Connolly Big Banana Feet
- Blue Sunshine