Aye Write: Beyond the Swelkie
Sunday 8 May, 2022 at 6.30 p.m.
The Mitchell, North Street, Glasgow G3 7DN
A Celebration of the Centenary of George Mackay Brown in poetry and prose.
‘Beyond the Swelkie’ is a collection of poetry and prose in English, Scots and Gaelic celebrating the centenary of George Mackay Brown. Its contributors are based in Orkney and across Scotland, each engages with the muse in their own way.
Appearing at this event in the Mitchell Library will be:
AC Clarke, Magi Gibson , Julie McNeill ,Victoria McNulty, Nalini Paul, Finola Scott, Leela Soma, Sheila Templeton, Sam Tongue and Stephen Watt.
The book includes a foreword by Asif Khan, Director of the Scottish Poetry Library. The cover incorporates the artist Sandy Moffat’s celebrated portrait of George Mackay Brown.
- A Secret Wrapped in Lead
- Postcards from Scotland Social Gathering and Discussion
- Homeless Project Scotland Fundraiser
- Mansfield Park Street Festival
- The Wanderlust Women – three poems
- Vinicombe Street Gala
- Aye Write: Prof Dame Sue Black ‘The Books that Made Me
- Glasgow West End – Summer Events 2022
- Alma Wolfson – ‘A Painter’s Passion’
- Outi and Nico at Tchai Ovna
- Performers at Glasgow Jazz Festival 2022
- Book Launch: This Script by Jenny Lindsay
- Glasgow Science Festival 2022
- Grease The Musical at Websters Theatre Glasgow West End
- Bend It Like Bertie at Websters
- Wake Up Punk at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Cabaret – 50th Anniversary at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wild Men at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Creative Conversations: Michael Pederson
- Aye Write: The Kavya Prize