Acting Up – Drama Workshops for Children and Young People
Saturdays at Websters, Glasgow West End
416 Great Western Rd, Glasgow G4 9HZ
ACTING UP – Affordable and innovative drama workshops for children and young people for creativity, confidence, and fun and making new friends now moved to Webster’s Playhouse!
SATURDAYS – starting 25 June until September 2022 (SEE OTHER DATES)
Ages 5-10 11.30am-12.30pm
Ages 11-16 12.30- 2pm.
Come along and try! Trial class £8! Contact: Email Clare
ACTING UP has been established for over 20 years and run by Award winning writer and actor Clare Hemphill and her team.
What makes ACTING UP unique, is the workshops and shows are all about the children’s ideas – helping them to find their own voice in a theatrical setting, whilst having lots of fun.
Harvey Gardner – Award winning Film Maker: I attended Acting Up for around eight years. I loved the class and it was fundamental to my
development as a creative person, giving me loads of confidence. Clare is an amazing teacher and her own work in comedy makes the class totally unique.
Niamh Downes – Singer songwriter: I kept going back to Acting Up because we knew that every week we got the chance to try new things, make stuff together and have a laugh. Couldn’t recommend it more.
Christy O’Donnell – Actor: Clare Hemphill and her class was entirely instrumental when it came to me carving out a career in the arts. It taught me confidence when I felt alienated at school, and gave me a community of friends who loved what I loved. It changed my life in an extremely positive way.
Websters Theatre, 419 Great Western Road, Glasgow G4 9HZ
- Perfect Days
- Moments Of Beauty In Glasgow: Walking Tour
- Seeing Glasgow: An Artist’s View – Avril Patron
- Ajay Close Creative Conversations
- Maria Fusco – Creative Conversations
- Eden Communities: Walk, Run, Cycle N. Ireland and East Dunbartonshire Networking Event
- Spring’s Around The Corner – time to check the balcony
- Film Screening – Memory Box (2021) plus discussion
- Stevenson Jewellers Glasgow West End
- The Red and Black Show at Websters Theatre
- The Nancy Smillie Shop – Glasgow West End
- The 39 Steps, Websters
- Glasgow Goes Green at Arc: Festival Event
- WestFest 2024 – Glasgow West End
- FrightFest at Glasgow Film Festival 2024
- Celtic Connections 2024: Transatlantic Sessions
- Books at the Green with Chris Dolan
- Cinemarc: Women’s Work
- Creative Conversations: Donna McLean
- Fundraiser for Medicin Sans Frontieres