Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End

The rules of the scrum changed a couple of years ago from crouch set, engage to crouch, set, bind.   Front rows have to bind before engaging and then can only push when the referee is happy.  The rules have changed to reduce the number of scrum collapses and the injuries that can occur as a result, particularly to the neck and shoulders.  I see that some adjustments can make the game safer, providing it doesn't kill it off.   Unlike football, where the biggest risk of concern seems to be that their barnets might get a bit fluffed up, rugby is a ruffty, tuffty, hairy-***** sport.  .... Aye and that includes the wimins.......:P  

They have been playing rugby since 1823 - or there abouts.  Leave well alone!  If mammies are worried they don't need t let their weans play.  Reasonable ajustments have been made.  The sport police can away and pick on sports that do real harm - like boxing!

I was left back. Played in the first eleven when I was in second year – the rest of the team were much older.  For years all I ever wanted for Christmas was a new 17 oz Slazenger. :0

England back on form and lead with 8 points, followed by Wales, France, Ireland, Scotland and Italy!  We need a good result from Scotland this afternoon against France. Crabbies and stovies at the ready.  Come on, Scotland!