Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
lynnski

Great George Street

I cross the bottom of Great George Street on my way into work in the mornings. Every morning (even Sunday) there is a delivery van parked outside the M&S there, and it blocks your view of the road. You need to step out to see past it, and it's a busy street. I really wish there was traffic lights there! I get quite nervous trying to cross, especially if it's chucking down with rain and my hood is up, as then I can't see to either side very clearly. It's really busy on weekdays with all the students coming and going, I'm surprised nobody has been killed there!

*rant over*

It's a very busy road and difficult to cross. Traffic lights would  be a good idea. The pavements are none too good either.  I fell just opposite marks about eight years ago, broke a bone in my foot and was housebound for over four months.

Yikes! Yeah, some of the pavements in the west end are pretty awful!

I think the worst area for treacherous pavements is at the bottom of Byres Road. Left side as you head down. Was handy for the A & E at the Western.