Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
willie campbell

Missing woman.

I won't add to that, Wills.  

Scotland did make a mistake in the line out but opinion is that it should have gone to the scrum and not a penalty.  ... and don't even think of telling me anything different :D

Edited by harper

Not to mention biceps and triceps... 

I fell in love with rugby when I was a wean... my granny used to watch it and would go into hysterics at the scrum.  She loved the Saturday afternoon wrestling, too, with Big Daddy and Mick McManus and some bloke with a cape - or maybe he was the bloke with the cape... anyway, the love of rugby got me early. I graduated from Partick Thistle to Murrayfield, quite swiftly and then West Ham on account of nothing other then the Bubbles song and needing to pick someone for the office sweep stake for the FA. :D

Edited by harper

I can relate to the 'Bubbles song', harper.  I've always had a soft spot for Kilmarnock due to Paper Roses. lol

I am not sure we are getting this quite right, Pat - but hey!

"I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles" was introduced to the club by former manager Charlie Paynter in the late twenties. A player, Billy J. "Bubbles" Murray who played for the local Park School had a resemblance to the boy in the "Bubbles" painting by Millais used in a Pears soap commercial of the time. Headmaster Cornelius Beal began singing the tune "I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles" with amended lyrics when Park players played well.

So, what's the story with Kilmarnock and Paper Roses?

I don't know the story, harper, just that Paper Roses is the adopted song of the Kilmarnock Football Team. Marie Osmond joined in with them at one point.   https://youtu.be/8kBtseh6KjI

Edited by Pat