Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
willie campbell

Missing woman.

There used to be a lady contributed to this site.I think she went by the moniker" Harper".Suddenly everything went quiet.What with these sink holes appearing,and solar eclipses,and god knows what else,it's anyones' guess where she could be! Was she in Paris when you were there Pat,perhaps with a new identity under the witness protection scheme?Who would know.All I know is we miss her,and whoever is preventing her typing against her will,we want her back!

She can't be in Ridgetown, Ridgetown is too small a place for a person to use as a hideout.

willie, is there no a Rugby tournament going on the noo(?), it's a likely place.

No sign of her in Paris, willie.  I miss her too. Last I spoke to her she was intending replying to your posts so I don't know what's happened.

Missin'?  For goodness sake.  Has nobody noticed that the Rugby World Cup is on?  Scotland, as yet UNDEFEATED...but looks like that might change rapidly in the next 90 minutes. <trembily lip>

Concentrate people... concentrate!

Oooh, that was a toughie and Laidlaw seems to have taken a stupid pill.  Next up England.... back to the box of magic box and the baffies up on the pouf.

Edited by harper

Poor England went out so badly... I really felt for them.

Have you any eye deer how many matches there are to watch? I am a dedicated fan. I even spent part of my honeymoon at Murrayfield - and the rest in Paris:)

Oh Miss Harper,too much information.I've heard the saying "Get a room",but" Get a stadium" is 30 men and a funny shaped ball too many for a honeymoon girl.Anyway,glad you are back in time for "Strictly".

Steady Miss Veron,you can almost smell the liniment through the screen.

Not doing Strictly - not doing telly, really - apart from the rugby... :)

Just staggered back from Covent Garden, English National Opera - Marriage of Figero. I like my arias but it was looooong - and on a school night, too.

I'm sure the opera was brilliant. I've never been to the opera. It came to mind when I was in Paris. L'Opera looks so spectacular. Never mind – I'm going to Jersey Boys at Christmas. :-)

Scotland through to the quarter finals this weekend.... so, still missin' 

An Englishman goes into a pub .... now there's usually an Irishman, Scotsman and Welshman too but they're all still at the Rugby World Cup!!  Boom tish!

Rock on Scotland!  scot.gif

Edited by harper

I feel for the English players. Sport is very cruel and unpredictable.  Hope whatever the outcome that the games are exciting.  I've learned a bit more about rugby – seeing the players on the News reporting with their faces all scratched and those cold baths.  I didn't know anything about that. They must be incredibly dedicated.

Game of the Gods, Pat :D

The Welsh defence was fierce but the 'box are mighty opponents.  

New Zealand and France up next.... I haven't seen the news or watch the politics show in weeks ~  life is strangely aggro free and blissful ;)

I love the French but the All Blacks are sublime to watch.  I think I am going to have a very deep depression when the World Cup  is over.... :unsure:

The usual suspects seem to be moving towards the winning post, harper.  There's a lot of politics in Scotland with the SNP all up in Aberdeen.  :-)

The All Blacks game just got silly. They are at their best when they have to earn it; their match against Argentina was brilliant.

The Aussies are incredible strong and just pushing us out the way in the scrum.  Scotland are defending well but need to up their attack and get scores on the board - and stop giving away penalties .  ...And no silly nonsense, this time from Laidlaw - sin bin indeed and no high tackles! 

Keep calm, Mr Mannering...  oooh, it is exciting as an exciting thing.... scot.gif

All Blacks and Aussies for the final - probably....

Edited by harper

Well Miss Harper,the good news is,there's to be a post rugby world cup help line set up.Various therapies to be used,and I will txt you the number.There's been a whole lot happening out there in the world while you've been incapacitated,but fear not,iv'e kept you all my back copies of the Daily Mail so you get a balanced view.And remember to deflate your rugby ball,just a little every day,and when it's finally flat,and using your visualisation techniques,you should be back in the room again.Good luck,and welcome back into the light. 

Scotland defeated by one point due to a penalty awarded to the Aussies that might have been rouge....  They played like trojans.  The next six nations is going to be a belter!

An Englishmen. A Welshman and an Irishman meet a Scotsman in the pub when it should have been a bloody Aussie!

Oh, Wills, leave the world of sequins behind and get down with the scrum!  Much mer better fun! 

Sends, kisses ...

Edited by harper

The ref made a mistake but di so because Scotland made a mistake at the line out.

I expect harper will understand this. lol