Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
Pat

Paris

Having a great time in this fabulous city. Walked for miles today all round the Latin Quarter and St Germain de Pres.

It sounds as though you are having a great time. I am going with a few people from my work at the end of the month. I am meeting Canny Lass for a coffee at Tinderbox on Sunday. It would be good if you could come too and give me some suggestions for things to do on my holiday.

Just got back, rory. Had a fabulous time. Sure – would love to meet up. I'll send you a message. Going to get the kettle on. :)

I do think Paris is the most beautiful city in the world... not that I have seen them all.  Easy peasy on Eurostar, although the first time I went there it was in a shoogily auld hovercraft that looked so flimsy.  I love Notre Dame and the Luxemburg Gardens with the wee statue of Lady Liberty.  Café life really is so chic, with immaculate, professional waiters and the women - oooh lala.  The Metro is to die for.... The first time I went to Paris, with Cliff Hanley (junior), we stayed next to the Moulin Rouge, I was 20 and totally skint.  We survived in supermarket camembert, red wine and bread for a week and had wee picnics in the park.  I've been back and stayed in better places, but that first wee holiday remains the most magical.

Yes, I agree, harper. It's gorgeous. We're still having the picnics. Stayed in the Latin Quarter but first time we were there back in 1987 we stayed near Pigalle and I think I prefer it there. There seem to be fewer tourists about and more lively young locals.
Here are a few photos:

1 METRO.JPG

notre dame.jpg

port royal luxembourg.jpg

cafe rue soufflot.jpg

Thanks, samsc.  I liked this one too – strolling in Le Marais.

wee lady street.jpg

I do hope France is not about to bomb Belgium, after all that where the murderers came from.  Or maybe they are about to bomb Saudi Arabia because they fund them.  No?  Instead the west will sell more arms to Saudi Arabia, yeah, that makes sense.

Should have a talk with Aljazeera as well, CL. They seem to have more of a finger on the pulse than our media.