Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End

For us fuddy duddies not aware, its Comicon this weekend at the SECC.  Its a celebration and show all about Marvel and Manga animation and characters (yeah aside from Batman and Superman, that's me lost).

Anyway, number 1 daughter and her friends went yesterday - dressed as Characters from Titans of the Universe ???  I dropped them off and was utterly amazed.  The SECC was chockablock with kids (and adults) mostly all dressed up as their favourite characters.   Sailor Moon (???) was a particularly favourite look of many SMVolume1.jpg     

Anyway, they all had a ball and I was left wondering about Desperate Dan, The Bash Street Kids, Minnie the Minx and Dennis the Menace. 

Oh yeah, Desperate Dan and a few others. I remember "Black Bob" and when I was very young, Black Bob was more popular than Lassie, not sure if Lassie emerged during the war or after.....mibee do a google, though that is not as good a search engine as it was, and it is getting to be past my bed time.

hhhm, Black Bob... Is that the dug from up our close, along our street that husnae been right since he got hit in the heid wae a breidboard? 

I liked Minne the Mink <winks>

Edited by harper

hhhm, Black Bob... Is that the dug from up our close, along our street that husnae been right since he got hit in the heid wae a breidboard? 

I liked Minne the Mink <winks>

Ha ha. A lot of hitting on the heid. I think it was the frying pan got Desperate Dan.

Opps, Freudian slip on Minnie's fashion aspirations, there.  I blame that Willie Campbell.... wan fashion tip from him and it's aff wae the strippy jumper and it's fur a go go. :lol:

I think it was wee Aunt Aggie that was always doing the damage on Desperate Dan? ...Weird name for a cartoon character when you think about it.... <_<

Edited by harper

Opps, Freudian slip on Minnie's fashion aspirations, there.  I blame that Willie Campbell.... wan fashion tip from him and it's aff wae the strippy jumper and it's fur a go go. :lol:

I think it was wee Aunt Aggie that was always doing the damage on Desperate Dan? ...Weird name for a cartoon character when you think about it.... <_<

Fashions certainly seem to have moved on. The Dandy and Beano gang looked kinda harmless and comical. Nowadays they're more cool and dangerous looking.  Not a stripey jumper in sight. lol