Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
samscafeamericain

Labour Party Leadership Debate

The Labour leadership competition seems to be an 'Ugly pageant' to see who can threaten to attack the poor and the disabled as good as a Tory

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/andy-burnham-vows-tough-benefits-5786479

Meanwhile, the Labour leadership frontrunner Andy Burnham is charging the taxpayer more than £17,000 a year in rent for a “second home” in London — while letting a nearby flat that he already owns.
According to figures from the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (Ipsa), Burnham has been receiving £1,449.98 a month since July 2012 to cover the cost of renting a flat in Kennington, southeast London.

However, Burnham, also receives rental income from tenants living at his two-bedroom flat in Kilner House, near the Oval cricket ground in Kennington and a short walk from Westminster.

I suspect Hardie, Bevan, Maxton and MacLean would find themselves thrown out of this parody of a labour party

Andy Burnham is looking more right wing by the minute.

I voted for Labour, when my preference in this election was Lib Dem - Grrrrr. I am not voting for her as Mayor. They're done.

Actually, I think Harman has got it absolutely right; people just didn't trust Labour on the economy.

Whatever has happened to Miliband.... not a peep or a news report since the election results. He can't still be on holiday... :lol:

I was wondering about Miliband too. He's still an MP – or has he decided to chuck it?

Actually, I think Harman has got it absolutely right; people just didn't trust Labour on the economy.

Whatever has happened to Miliband.... not a peep or a news report since the election results. He can't still be on holiday... :lol:

Then people are stupid. The tories failed on every aspect of teh economy yet managed to portray themselves as guardians of probity

He's got a gig DJing at one of those Ibiza clubs

He's got a gig DJing at one of those Ibiza clubs

Favourite numbers?

Good one, Pat. Quote from his brother in tonight's Evening Standard saying he doesn't want his brother to be hurt or vilified by the defeat.... by anyone but him, I take it? lol

Good one, Pat. Quote from his brother in tonight's Evening Standard saying he doesn't want his brother to be hurt or vilified by the defeat.... by anyone but him, I take it? lol

Maybe he'll swing by.

See Mary Creagh has dropped out the running.

Jeremy Corbyn in with the other three but I do not think he really has a chance.

He'll get no boost from the media that's for sure.

Watched the Newsnight Labour Leader's debate. No great mover or shakers there. I thought Liz Kendal was strong at times and then seemed to revert to pre rehearsed answers when she felt out of her depth. Cooper is another woman tainted by the record of her spouse. I guess it will be Burham, who was very lookwarm, IMO. I really wanted to like Corbyn but it just wasn't happenin' babes . I fell asleep before the end. Says it all, really...

Let us not forget there is also a competition to see who will lead Labour's Scottish Branch office. Kezia Dugdale is running and is favourite

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Let us not forget there is also a competition to see who will lead Labour's Scottish Branch office. Kezia Dugdale is running and is favourite

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Aye, and what about Gordon Matheson?

if that is the best that Labour can come up with here in England, then I doubt they will ever be elected again... which leaves us all with an interesting dilemma. even with 56 or even 59 SNP MPs we will all still be stuck with the Tories. :(

if that is the best that Labour can come up with here in England, then I doubt they will ever be elected again... which leaves us all with an interesting dilemma. even with 56 or even 59 SNP MPs we will all still be stuck with the Tories. :(

could vote YES in a second independence referendum

They don't know what they're about. Feel they have to be more Tory than the Tories to get the votes. Sad state of affairs.