Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
Pat

Autumn Statement

Looks as though there will be a few changes which could be seen as vote catchers – seem to have their eyes on votes from the cities in the North. Some lip service to the multinationals paying tax and the change to housing stamp duty – to take place today – will help some people.

Still intent on cuts though and borrowing.

Neo liberal catastrophe of gargantuan proportions, national debt has more than doubled and heading towards £1.45 trillion, annual borrowing is circa £94 billion, his austerity programme has destroyed lives for nothing, no end result whatsoever, he offers the middle classes stamp duty tax breaks funded by tax credit freezes on the very poor. This is a vile, despicable Government that has yet to force on us a further £50 billion of cuts, fracking and the worst corporate excesses of TTIP.

Tp those that voted to keep us tied to this dire UK, I salute you in the traditional single finger manner. .

I have great hopes for Alan Johnson as the next Labour leader but the up and coming general election is unbelievably depressing. We are all totally f***** and I don't mean Faraged....

Good luck with Jim Murphy, by the way - he looks and sounds like a right scunner.

I like Alan Johnson. Jim Murphy is indeed a scunner. I really feel for people in the south. Things are very bad when Farage can tempt so many. It irritates me how much telly time he gets. Although I intend watching Question Time this coming Thursday when he is on with Russell Brand.

I wonder if it will be a SUN inspired audience for QT.

Not a single warship stationed in Scotland but we will build a carrier base in a vile despot country in the Middle East .....how's them Better Together onions

I wonder if it will be a SUN inspired audience for QT.

Not a single warship stationed in Scotland but we will build a carrier base in a vile despot country in the Middle East .....how's them Better Together onions

Aye, we could have done a swop with Trident, samsc.

I am worried about fracking and more cuts that seem to be coming. They talk about recovery and jobs being created but they are not good jobs. Tjere is also a skills gap and do not know how that works with curbing migration as it seems they are the ones with the skills needed. The country is a big mess.