Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
Pat

The Smith Commission

Some new powers but not home rule.

I don't know how it will pan out and if they have enough to make a massive difference to inequality. I hope so but the powers don't seem to have gone far enough to clamp down on a desire for full Independence. Apparently the Labour party view it as the slippery slope to the break up of the union?

Michael Portillo arguing with Alex Salmond. Portillo thinks the vow was delivered. Not really that dramatic when 85% welfare decisions still rest with Westminster.

we still dont get to keep our own generated wealth...so whats the point if we cant use our own money to do what we want with it

and we havent actually got any more powers regardless of what the daily reporter tells us.....its only recommendation that will have to go before who ever wins the next election so we'll see what all the ukip mp's say about it then

I'm sick of seeing Farage on the telly. The coverage he gets is outrageous. BBC promoting right wing politics. If he had his way we'd have no parliament. Decent of the to recommend devolution of road signage.

aye we cant do anything about foodbanks but we can put signs up telling people how to get to them.

we also cant do anything about trident but we can show people how to escape when it all goes wrong

(stolen from the WOS twitter page)

Michael Portillo arguing with Alex Salmond. Portillo thinks the vow was delivered. Not really that dramatic when 85% welfare decisions still rest with Westminster.

I saw that and how patronising was he?

As usual, Diane Abbot never quite gets it. I loved it when Salmond turned and started explaining things quite s l o w l y to her... :rolleyes:

Westminster politics are a complete mess. I never thought I would say it but I am thinking of voting Green in 2015 - I quite like the idea of the Green Party being infiltrated by the working class. :P

Green and red..........well that's the colour blind voter b*ggered

Ha ha. Guess we'll need to go for yellow. :)

control over corporation tax, Scotland is teh second most successful inward investment attracting region in the UK, no way they can give us any advantage that could damage London's attractiveness