Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End

Regeneration of Kelvingrove Bandstand

An art lighting installation takes place at the bandstand tonight, Tuesday 17th April from 8.30pm-10pm. It will also be a chance to see some archive photo projections of events from the 1930s to the 1990s. More about this on Facebook

Fantastic news.

The revival of the bandstand is long overdue, any idea what the long terms plans are? Will it ever be used for music again?

Fantastic news.

The revival of the bandstand is long overdue, any idea what the long terms plans are? Will it ever be used for music again?

Heaven knows, harper. At least it's under the spotlight - or LED light. :)

£250,000 towards its upkeep.

They'll need some money to put it in order before there's any need for upkeep. I'm pretty sure that if it was operating that there would be no problem raising income for salaries and upkeep.

They'll need some money to put it in order before there's any need for upkeep. I'm pretty sure that if it was operating that there would be no problem raising income for salaries and upkeep.

I loved that old video of the band stand in its glory. I wonder if they organisers had undertaken a full health and safety risk assessment, obtained the various permits and licenses needed, etc

• 1 year later...