Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
jimbo

Song from my CD The Innocent: Sand in our shoes featuring Peter Byrne on backing vocals

A song from my new album called Sand in our shoes. Wistful folk - memories of youth, camaraderie and innocent hopes; hippy beach life remembered - while contemplating what could be a more stressful future. This song inspired the album name and set the pace for many of the songs written for this set of songs.

The photos are from our trip to Orkney a few years back.

And Fancy Wooden Box from new album The Innocent

A fingerpicking blues that sounds like it could have been written in the 1920s or 1930s. A prisoner contemplating his last minutes before execution; hoping to elicit your sympathy as he tells his story. The beat is supplied by Jim's brother Peter beating his arm-chair with a wooden mallet; there's home recording and then there is recording your home.

A song from my new album called Sand in our shoes. Wistful folk - memories of youth, camaraderie and innocent hopes; hippy beach life remembered - while contemplating what could be a more stressful future. This song inspired the album name and set the pace for many of the songs written for this set of songs.

The photos are from our trip to Orkney a few years back.

Definately my favourite off the CD, JImbo.

Beautiful pictures of Orkney. One of my friends is moving up to Skara Brae where she has bought a wreck of a house to rennovate. I think I'll be visiting soon.

Definately my favourite off the CD, JImbo.

Beautiful pictures of Orkney. One of my friends is moving up to Skara Brae where she has bought a wreck of a house to rennovate. I think I'll be visiting soon.

Glad you like the song, harper. It reminds me of our trip to Orkney. You should definitely go. It's a wonderful place.

And Fancy Wooden Box from new album The Innocent

A fingerpicking blues that sounds like it could have been written in the 1920s or 1930s. A prisoner contemplating his last minutes before execution; hoping to elicit your sympathy as he tells his story. The beat is supplied by Jim's brother Peter beating his arm-chair with a wooden mallet; there's home recording and then there is recording your home.

Good song.