Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
Pat

Stolen statue Kelvingrove

'Dreaming' a bronze sculpture by Gerard Laing has been stolen from Kelvingrove. Reckoned to be worth around £20,000 it weighs 13kg. Quite a hefty package to stick under a coat.

The Herald

Probably now sitting on sometimes mantle piece or in their garden.

How lax is security in there for good sake

Security was always very low key in Kelvingrove and that was one of the nice things about it. Sounds like one of these "stolen to order" jobs you hear about...:( Idon't suppose they have CCTV cameras either?

They will have cameras but unless the culprit was well known to police or carrying a sign with his name on it they'll be none the wiser

They will have cameras but unless the culprit was well known to police or carrying a sign with his name on it they'll be none the wiser

They might pick someone up who looks as though they have three big babies up their jumper.

Tweet from STV's news feed yesterday: A £20,000 statute has been stolen from Kelvingrove Art Gallery. Are cutbacks putting our valuables at risk? http://fb.me/15j1DXERW

What cutbacks exactly? The Gallery has had NO thefts since it re-opened in 2009 after refurbishment (According to their own spokesperson), it has an extensive CCTV system... Unless they've laid off the entire security team recently, what exactly are STV on about?

Tweet from STV's news feed yesterday: A £20,000 statute has been stolen from Kelvingrove Art Gallery. Are cutbacks putting our valuables at risk? http://fb.me/15j1DXERW

What cutbacks exactly? The Gallery has had NO thefts since it re-opened in 2009 after refurbishment (According to their own spokesperson), it has an extensive CCTV system... Unless they've laid off the entire security team recently, what exactly are STV on about?

Have they fewer staff.

Thanks for posting the sculpture, LG. It's lovely.

The gallery reopened after the refurb in 2006, lynnski. So no previous problems with security.

Have they fewer staff.

Thanks for posting the sculpture, LG. It's lovely.

The gallery reopened after the refurb in 2006, lynnski. So no previous problems with security.

Maybe this will demonstrate that they need more security staff.

Didn't someone walk out the door with a painting last year?

Not that I recall, samsc.

that would look lovely next to my water feature.

(note to self....must get water feature :rolleyes: )

that would look lovely next to my water feature.

(note to self....must get water feature :rolleyes: )

Where are you that you've no puddles? :lol:

Where are you that you've no puddles? :lol:

:lol: :lol:

i can see the headlines now......

"Stolen statue found in puddle"

"locals thinks its new water feature"

"dexter asks for evidence"

:lol:

Don't see why it's called Dreaming... I would have called it "wumin in a heidscarf" but then I'm not a nartist... :lol:

Good news tho' :)

:lol: :lol:

i can see the headlines now......

"Stolen statue found in puddle"

"locals thinks its new water feature"

"dexter asks for evidence"

:lol: You could turn that into a poem, tig.

Don't see why it's called Dreaming... I would have called it "wumin in a heidscarf" but then I'm not a nartist... :lol:

Good news tho' :)

Neether ama a nartist but glad they got it back. I will think of it as 'Wumin in a Heidscarf' from now on in.

Look it up yourself

Sam I always look it up before I cause you some embarrassment for your fabled claims. In your senility and focus for a so called independent Scotland you half remembered that some paintings which had disappeared in the 1990s were rediscovered and returned to display.

Sam I always look it up before I cause you some embarrassment for your fabled claims. In your senility and focus for a so called independent Scotland you half remembered that some paintings which had disappeared in the 1990s were rediscovered and returned to display.

Don't go by everything Wikipedia says, Dex. And samsc is way too young to be called senile. I'm in charge of all senility on here. :lol:

Sam I always look it up before I cause you some embarrassment for your fabled claims. In your senility and focus for a so called independent Scotland you half remembered that some paintings which has disappeared in the 1990s were rediscovered and returned to display.

So is everything Sam says rubbish because he supports an independent country?

Do you put salt and vinegar on those chippy shoulders? ;-)