Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
Veronica

Spring

Actually, I didn't. The clocks don't change till March 25th. A British friend in New York told they were changing and I thought she meant here. :lol:

As you were for another two weeks....

Actually, I didn't. The clocks don't change till March 25th. A British friend in New York told they were changing and I thought she meant here. :lol:

As you were for another two weeks....

Tick her / him off from me. I wakened Jim up to pass on the time change news. :rolleyes:

25th is the spring forward date. Well at least I've had a practice.

for god sake....how to cause confusion!!!!!

nearly sprinted out the door to get the kid there....thinking he'd been standing in the school for half an hour waiting on me.....and was he an hour late this morning?!!!!!!!

then looked at all the clocks....have the fairies had changed them??? theyre the same time as the news???????

then read the next post.

HARPER GO AND SIT IN THE CORNER!!!!

lol

Looks suitably shamed faced.... :P

If it's any consolation I've been up since 5am :lol: I'm a wee trusting soul, so am ur..... :lol: I'm just waiting to hear from the wean that he was at college at 8am this morning. I swear I was phoning work at 8am wondering why no one was answering the phones.....

Can I bagsy this as an April Fool? :P Anyway, it's all Sam's fault. He was on at 7am and didnae contradict me.... :lol:

Looks suitably shamed faced.... :P

If it's any consolation I've been up since 5am :lol: I'm a wee trusting soul, so am ur..... :lol: I'm just waiting to hear from the wean that he was at college at 8am this morning. I swear I was phoning work at 8am wondering why no one was answering the phones.....

Can I bagsy this as an April Fool? :P Anyway, it's all Sam's fault. He was on at 7am and didnae contradict me.... :lol:

I was my usual lazy self so didn't effect me too much and by the time morning came Jim had forgotten. :lol:

I asked him when he realized that the clocks hadn't gone forward and he just looked bemused.

Hope we remember on 25th. :lol:

Jings, guess who forgot and has been rushing arund like mad sine 11am to catch up....:rolleyes:

:lol:

I'm all of a muddle. Some smart clocks adjust themselves. :)

What a cracking day. Off to the allotment.

I had a 2 hour hot oil massage... fell asleep twice. Comes of having a pal who has just qualified as a Ayurveda practitioner needing chums to practice on. Best treatment ever for my dodgy back. Total bliss.... :rolleyes:

And whaty was the point? Oh, I was nearly late because of the clocks.. :lol:

i did remember the date due to the last "mix-up" lol

but never had to change any clocks anyway! :lol:

Must have been one of the warmest March days ever here in Glasgow. Forecast good for tomorrow too.

We had great fun catching up with all our friends at the allotment. Hibernation is over. :)

It really does make a difference to the way I feel. Painted my toes and put my sandals on during the day but still had a hot water bottle last night... :lol:

It really does make a difference to the way I feel. Painted my toes and put my sandals on during the day but still had a hot water bottle last night... :lol:

Sandals are fine and the sunshine is lovely but looks like the whole world has a horrible tattoo apart from me. There's fifty year old women and seventy year old men flaunting their tats in Kelvingrove and looking drastic. Vests and tattoos don't go. No in my opinion anyway. :lol:

Sandals are fine and the sunshine is lovely but looks like the whole world has a horrible tattoo apart from me. There's fifty year old women and seventy year old men flaunting their tats in Kelvingrove and looking drastic. Vests and tattoos don't go. No in my opinion anyway. :lol:

:lol: The tattoos and the wrinkly tans don't make for a good combination, CL.

I had a particularly enjoyable lunch in the Spring sunshine with our friend JJ, home for a wee spell from far flung places.:)

:lol: The tattoos and the wrinkly tans don't make for a good combination, CL.

I had a particularly enjoyable lunch in the Spring sunshine with our friend JJ, home for a wee spell from far flung places.:)

Plenty of tattoos on display at the Botanics. They certainly become less of a statement as people age. More of a lament.

NO havin' a tattoo is the new rebellion, Pat. I don't have any either.... :lol:

There was a beautiful picture of the Botanics in the I yesterday. If I can find it I'll post it. ;)

Did we say Spring was here? I wakened to heavy snow so cooried back in with my book. It's off now but the hill tops of Arran are white. The weans have gone swimming and when they come back we're off to the museums, castles and galleries.

Did we say Spring was here? I wakened to heavy snow so cooried back in with my book. It's off now but the hill tops of Arran are white. The weans have gone swimming and when they come back we're off to the museums, castles and galleries.

It's amazing how quickly you can adjust to wakening up to wonderful views. Particularly gorgeous when the skies are blue. :)

It's amazing how quickly you can adjust to wakening up to wonderful views. Particularly gorgeous when the skies are blue. :)

Home tonight. Hoping to get a trip to the top of the island. We've spotted two lambs. They're definitely a bit late this year.

Home tonight. Hoping to get a trip to the top of the island. We've spotted two lambs. They're definitely a bit late this year.

At least you got away Pat. I was to be in Kingussie but it was under a foot of snow on Tuesday. I hope that is the end of the blizzard season.

At least you got away Pat. I was to be in Kingussie but it was under a foot of snow on Tuesday. I hope that is the end of the blizzard season.

:lol: Hope so, rory. Sorry to hear about your trip being cancelled. Hope it was work rather than play.