Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
Veronica

Spring

Spring's arrived. The sun is out and the burdies are tweetin. The dugs ootside the library are giving it barky laldie. The owners are sitting inside aw virtuous about taking their pets for a walk cos it's a good day. The pavements will soon be stowed wi' freezin' folk drinking luke warm americanos. That's Glesga in the Spring.

Spring's arrived. The sun is out and the burdies are tweetin. The dugs ootside the library are giving it barky laldie. The owners are sitting inside aw virtuous about taking their pets for a walk cos it's a good day. The pavements will soon be stowed wi' freezin' folk drinking luke warm americanos. That's Glesga in the Spring.

:lol: I don't know if 'barky ladlie' is a good thing or not, CL. Still, it's lovely to have a bright day. The bulbs will soon be making an appearance. I love Springtime.

perfect walking weather this, before it gets too hot and theres beasties everywhere

You're right, tig, and good gardening weather too. Our shed got blown over in the gales so now upright once more. Thank heavens because I was worried that folk at the allotment wouldn't be able to get past with their barrows and those barrows will be busy soon.

I've got some lovely primula on the balcony but the winter pansies are very shy.

My father used to say 'to sit on a red hot poker was a sure sign of an early spring'

Was he talking about Kniphofia Uvaria - horrible looking flowers - very unflowerlike? :rolleyes:

The spring has sprung, the grass is riz, I wonder where them boidies is?? :lol:

The spring has sprung, the grass is riz, I wonder where them boidies is?? :lol:

Snuggled up in cosy nests I hope. Minus six tonight and colder down south. Brrrr!

Snuggled up in cosy nests I hope. Minus six tonight and colder down south. Brrrr!

Feels like bleak mid-winter out there tonight but I see daffodil bulbs coming through. :)

Feels like bleak mid-winter out there tonight but I see daffodil bulbs coming through. :)

What a lovely day it was today and temperatures rising. My sister is off to Curacao for a holiday - cheek!

What a beautiful day. I had a lovely wander on Byres Road and did a bit of shopping in the wee independents - George Mewes' fabulous cheese shop and Rogers butchers. Then checked out the new show shop. I also had a nice coffee and blether outside The Chip. Isn't it a lovely day. :)

Pat, what's the new show shop?? :huh:

:lol: Meant to say shoe not show. It's where Sandalwood was. I've forgotten the name. Nice but expensive. If you see the name remind me please, lynnski.

:lol: Meant to say shoe not show. It's where Sandalwood was. I've forgotten the name. Nice but expensive. If you see the name remind me please, lynnski.

:lol: I saw it had changed, the other day, but don't remember what it's called now!

:lol: I saw it had changed, the other day, but don't remember what it's called now!

Charles Clinkard.

Well as usual this time of year is pretty dramatic weather wise in this part of the world. We had 4 days a week ago of 35 degrees followed by the dumpimg of a quarter of our average yearly rainfall over the next week so many towns in Victoria are flooded now. The sun made an appearance today so all is better with me now! I am wimpy Aussie and can't cope with more than a few days of incessant rain. The mud! The dampness! I'm over it :D

Well as usual this time of year is pretty dramatic weather wise in this part of the world. We had 4 days a week ago of 35 degrees followed by the dumpimg of a quarter of our average yearly rainfall over the next week so many towns in Victoria are flooded now. The sun made an appearance today so all is better with me now! I am wimpy Aussie and can't cope with more than a few days of incessant rain. The mud! The dampness! I'm over it :D

A few days rain and you're in trouble. Try four months, Gayle. Anyway we definitely appreciate the glimmer of sunshine we've seen this week-end.

Take care. :)

A few days rain and you're in trouble. Try four months, Gayle. Anyway we definitely appreciate the glimmer of sunshine we've seen this week-end.

Take care. :)

It is really pleasant today and the nights are getting lighter. Roll on summer.

It is really pleasant today and the nights are getting lighter. Roll on summer.

Couldn't have been much worse today. We had it all - snow, rain, hailstones. Yuck! It was 16 degrees with my sister in Oakville, Ont.

I stood at the bus stop this morning shivering in sleety rain looking at the white blossoms on the trees.... the weather is bonkers! :lol:

Couldn't have been much worse today. We had it all - snow, rain, hailstones. Yuck! It was 16 degrees with my sister in Oakville, Ont.

I thought it would still be freezing there.

The wind would cut a knife through you today. I'm in the library to escape.

Clocks go forward tonight. Spring has arrived. It's official... :D

Good job you mentioned - nobody in this house knew. :lol: