Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
samscafeamericain

The One

I am sure we all have that one person whom you met in your emotional life who swept you completely off your feet. For me it was a stunningly beautiful Italian Scot called Antonia. As a teenager I worshipped the ground that woman walked on. We did get together for a wee while but sadly things got in the way, life moved on and 30 years have passed.

Tonight, in Tesco Maryhill of all places, I did that thing when you glance up and see someone and you both suddenly know you know each other. It was Antonia and I was back being a stomach fluttering teenager. It was great to chat with her, we had a coffee and had that general catch up chat you have.

I am just astonished at the effect she had on me after all that time. Sorry, just had to vent.

Here's to those who are lucky enough to be with their one and here's to those that can only dream of what might have been.

Right, sensible head back on :-)

I am sure we all have that one person whom you met in your emotional life who swept you completely off your feet. For me it was a stunningly beautiful Italian Scot called Antonia. As a teenager I worshipped the ground that woman walked on. We did get together for a wee while but sadly things got in the way, life moved on and 30 years have passed.

Tonight, in Tesco Maryhill of all places, I did that thing when you glance up and see someone and you both suddenly know you know each other. It was Antonia and I was back being a stomach fluttering teenager. It was great to chat with her, we had a coffee and had that general catch up chat you have.

I am just astonished at the effect she had on me after all that time. Sorry, just had to vent.

Here's to those who are lucky enough to be with their one and here's to those that can only dream of what might have been.

Right, sensible head back on :-)

:lol: You just never know when (and where) something exciting is going to happen.

:lol: You just never know when (and where) something exciting is going to happen.

I remain amazed that so few bodice rippers have been set in Tesco Maryhill

I remain amazed that so few bodice rippers have been set in Tesco Maryhill

:lol: Could make a change from Supermarket Sweep.

Nothing wrong with a bit of heart fluttering and a trip down memory lane, Sam. I'm relieved to hear you have that sensible head back on, the last thing you need is a mid life heid stagger ...:lol:

Nothing wrong with a bit of heart fluttering and a trip down memory lane, Sam. I'm relieved to hear you have that sensible head back on, the last thing you need is a mid life heid stagger ...:lol:

Oh God forbid

tamp='1315860573' post='169744']

It's been a long time since someone fluttered by tummy. Will you meet again is there hope for more tummy fluttering ;)

You're doing your grocery shopping in the wrong places, Maggs. :lol:

It's been a long time since someone fluttered by tummy. Will you meet again is there hope for more tummy fluttering ;)

We agreed to be facebook chums :-)