Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End

I wonder what the problem with the oil companies providing the information required? I assume they know. :rolleyes:

Any oil spillage is a problem.

The oil companies were criticised on the News tonight for a lack of transparency. This appears to be the largest spill in Britain in the past decade and worse than originally thought involving 200 tonnes of oil. Shell have stated that it is being naturally dispersed.

However, there are concerns for young birds and the extent of the damage will not be evident for some time.

Watching Newsnight right now. Seems I wasn't just missing something by not hearing about it. Leak started Wed, news only released late Thurs night/early Friday. Still, the news of this incident is leaking out slower than the oil. Shell are being incredibly secretive/obtuse with the amount of info they are releasing. They need to get a grip, people need to know what's happening, and these mega corporations cannot try and hide the info.

Watching Newsnight right now. Seems I wasn't just missing something by not hearing about it. Leak started Wed, news only released late Thurs night/early Friday. Still, the news of this incident is leaking out slower than the oil. Shell are being incredibly secretive/obtuse with the amount of info they are releasing. They need to get a grip, people need to know what's happening, and these mega corporations cannot try and hide the info.

These big companies need to be held to account. Their safety record overall is pretty good but like air disasters, when there is a leak or an accident the impact is mega (there must be a better technical word but hey, it is only 6am) Let's hope the news that is coming out is accurate and we are not being fed a PR analysis of the problem, like the "insignificant" radiation leak after the Japanese earthquake.:angry:

These big companies need to be held to account. Their safety record overall is pretty good but like air disasters, when there is a leak or an accident the impact is mega (there must be a better technical word but hey, it is only 6am) Let's hope the news that is coming out is accurate and we are not being fed a PR analysis of the problem, like the "insignificant" radiation leak after the Japanese earthquake.:angry:

They still don't seem to clear about what's going on but the oil is still flowing. It said on the news that there could be a solution but it's possible that 600 tonnes of oil could be lost. Not good.