Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End

I've signed up with Flickr as suggested by lynnski (thanks for that) but still can't upload them to this thread. I'm clicking on IMAGES and typing in the http prompt but it still won't download. I have not named anyone in the pics for privacy reasons. And now I've got a pink message saying I'm not allowed to use that image extension on this board. How do I download the 2 pics please?

No idea Ed. I am a complete technoclutz but I am looking forward to seeing them. :)

I am sure someone will come to your rescue very soon.

EoF,

I've seen the photographs - super. Lynnski or Maggs will be able to explain how to upload from flicker. However, if you're stuck you can send the addresses to me and I'll have a go.

What you need to do is pick a photo you want from flickr, click on it, look for 'share' just above the photo. Select 'get BB code', cut or copy all the text that shows up in a wee box, then paste it into whichever topic on here you want. You only need one, the pic acts as a link to your flickr feed, and then we can click through and see the rest of the photos. As long as your profile isn't private that is! :)

%7Boption%7DIMG_0530[img

That link takes me to a page that says 'Page not found. Oops! Looks like you followed a bad link.' There should be no [img ] code around the image, EoP. Make sure that it's the BB code you are using to post here, not the HTML, and don't use the 'grab the link' section either. Hope that helps!!

Hi,

I would love to meetup in the new year as I hope to move to glasgow westend sometime soon, possably next year, as I live in Edinburgh just now with emotional baggage. I would be travelling from edinburgh by bus 900 to the main bus station then travel to westend area so would need directions. are you going to make this a monthly thing or just when it happens?

Hope to meet with you in the new year and have a nice time.

Aimee69:-

I am absolutely delighted to see you posting....I just turned 74 mahsel and i see that you are only five years behind me. Not sure if the pub meets are going to become a regular event but sure they will be if you have a few sisters.

tam

Aimee69:-

I am absolutely delighted to see you posting....I just turned 74 mahsel and i see that you are only five years behind me. Not sure if the pub meets are going to become a regular event but sure they will be if you have a few sisters.

tam

:lol: Are you going to be flying over every month, tam?

It's quite a struggle getting folks together once in a blue moon never mind monthly. Give us a shout when you intend hitting town, Aimee. I'm pretty sure you'll have no trouble finding your way from Edinburgh to Glasgow. Just hop on the Underground and it'll take you to the West End.

I am not sure if I will join in with the pub meets. I am pretty happy to have made some friends on here that I can share my thoughts with and I have also made some great new pals in my offline life since I came home to Glasgow. I quite enjoy being incognito with no demands.

I am not sure if I will join in with the pub meets. I am pretty happy to have made some friends on here that I can share my thoughts with and I have also made some great new pals in my offline life since I came home to Glasgow. I quite enjoy being incognito with no demands.

Incognito is the posh end of Partick

id be up for a wee drink one night if there was enough notice (baby splitter permitting) and it wasnt in one of those trendy (expensive) places

id be up for a wee drink one night if there was enough notice (baby splitter permitting) and it wasnt in one of those trendy (expensive) places

Give us a shout when you feel up for it, tig, and name your drinking den. No problemo, no pressure, rory. :)

I won't be up until April unfortunately, but having had a pint in most West End pubs on my last visit in August, I would recommend the Lismore (a few yards from Kelvinhall Subway Station and Partick Cross, in Dumbarton Road) as being relatively inexpensive, a great atmosphere and easily accessible. The Byres Road pubs (apart from the Aragon) are all more expensive especially around Ashton Lane.

Och, every time I write I get homesick!

Give us a shout when you feel up for it, tig, and name your drinking den. No problemo, no pressure, rory. :)

great stuff....maybe nearer the end of jan.....thatl probably be when my NY hangover goes away :D