Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End

Do you think we know each other well enough to call him Eddie? :lol:

Have a great time folks. You are going to look like a right brainy bunch pouring over yur maps. :P

A good guess Harper. You can call me anything you want, even my Christian name, Graham, because I answer to most unabusive names, especially if there's a good laugh involved. I only answer to abusive names if there's a free pint involved!

The maps are really great and I'll have to hide them from stray train spotters, cos I've seen them get pretty excited looking at the old railway lines and stations. I'm not one, but understand their significance in the growth of the West End. I'll leave my adanoids in Southampton!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So are Nota, SamC and Thomas going to make an effort to give up an hour of their eveing on Tuesday to join us ?

Pat, Cannylass, Lymski, LG and I and of course anybody else (where are you HH)

I will not be there. I am not in the huff at being let out Maggs. It is just that I am working.

I will not be there. I am not in the huff at being let out Maggs. It is just that I am working.

Glad you're not in the huff but shame you can't make it, rory.

Maybe Willie and Dex will show up. :rolleyes: Anyways it's at The Curlers (downstairs) tomorrow 1st Sept 8 p.m. :)

:( Sorry Rory, I just took it for granted you would be there :rolleyes: Tis an open invitation.

However I have made a bit of a bloomer I'm afraid... I had an arrangement made which I thought was for the following Tuesday, only found out today at work it's for tomorrow night, so will come allong but probably leave to meet my friend about 9ish.Sorry. Is 8pm the definite time

:( Sorry Rory, I just took it for granted you would be there :rolleyes: Tis an open invitation.

However I have made a bit of a bloomer I'm afraid... I had an arrangement made which I thought was for the following Tuesday, only found out today at work it's for tomorrow night, so will come allong but probably leave to meet my friend about 9ish.Sorry. Is 8pm the definite time

It's 8 p.m., Magggs.

We socialites will work around you busy folk :lol:

See you later. :)

Very nice to meet, EoP, and I enjoyed looking at those old maps.

Also good to catch up with a few other forum members. I've not been in Curlers since Tam was home - has anybody heard from him at all?

Very nice to meet, EoP, and I enjoyed looking at those old maps.

Also good to catch up with a few other forum members. I've not been in Curlers since Tam was home - has anybody heard from him at all?

Ditto, nice to catch up, also nice to meet you EoP, a shame a couple of others didn't turn up. Pat had a look at Facebook and Tam last posted on 10th August.

Ditto, nice to catch up, also nice to meet you EoP, a shame a couple of others didn't turn up. Pat had a look at Facebook and Tam last posted on 10th August.

I hope he is just off line as he was moving house, Maggs.

I hope you will be letting him out soon Maggs.

Hullo again! I managed to escape from Maggs' cupboard because she wasn't feeding me enough Indian takeaways! Nah, not really, I don't have a laptop, had problems with my HTC mobile logging in via my Facebook (which is a lot quicker on a mobile, normally )and just got home this afternoon, which is why I haven't posted until now.

What a brill time I had in the West End. I stayed at the Kelvin Guest House in Buckingham Terrace which I would definitely recommend and it was cheap by comparison at £33 a night with a great breakfast. I drank in the Rock, Vodka Vodka,the Aragon (no sawdust anymore), Weatherspoons (Esquire House at Anniesland) the Rosevale, the Lismore (my new favourite) Bon Accord in Charing Cross and was excluded from BOHO (ex Exchequer)due to being over age. Hadn't ironed my face that day!

It's funny how much information I got just by talking to people in some of these pubs regarding my grandad Andrew Edgar along with research at the Mitchell Library and now the jigsaw is complete.

Hope to see you all soon!

It was great to meet those who came along and put faces to names

Was nice to meet you EoP, I'm glad your stay was fun. The Rock I allways found empty, but maybe it has changed, Vodka Wodka my son drinks ther and the crowd are to young for me, The Arragon and The Liosmore are two of my regulars. Let us know when you comiong up again and we can explore some more West End/ Partick haunts.

Hullo again! I managed to escape from Maggs' cupboard because she wasn't feeding me enough Indian takeaways! Nah, not really, I don't have a laptop, had problems with my HTC mobile logging in via my Facebook (which is a lot quicker on a mobile, normally )and just got home this afternoon, which is why I haven't posted until now.

What a brill time I had in the West End. I stayed at the Kelvin Guest House in Buckingham Terrace which I would definitely recommend and it was cheap by comparison at £33 a night with a great breakfast. I drank in the Rock, Vodka Vodka,the Aragon (no sawdust anymore), Weatherspoons (Esquire House at Anniesland) the Rosevale, the Lismore (my new favourite) Bon Accord in Charing Cross and was excluded from BOHO (ex Exchequer)due to being over age. Hadn't ironed my face that day!

It's funny how much information I got just by talking to people in some of these pubs regarding my grandad Andrew Edgar along with research at the Mitchell Library and now the jigsaw is complete.

Hope to see you all soon!

It was great to meet those who came along and put faces to names

Glad to hear that your trip was worthwhile, EoP. It was lovely to meet you. I am delighted to find that 'the jigsaw is complete'. Great news!

Was nice to meet you EoP, I'm glad your stay was fun. The Rock I allways found empty, but maybe it has changed, Vodka Wodka my son drinks ther and the crowd are to young for me, The Arragon and The Liosmore are two of my regulars. Let us know when you comiong up again and we can explore some more West End/ Partick haunts.

Hi Maggs, great to meet you too. Vodka thingy wasn't my scene for sure! I'd be happy to do just the Partick pubs with you cos they are cheaper than Byres Road. The Rock was disappointing though. I'm definitely coming up first week in May cos it's one of my mates mum's 100th birthday and she's a real gem. I may be up sooner but can't guarantee it at the moment

Cheers

Graham

I've put the photos I took on my Facebook, but can't seem to load them here. There is only one Graham Edgar on Facebook in Southampton so it will be easy to see them

I had a quick look there too, I think only your facebook friends can see them.