Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
Grahamedgar

Chasing Partick roots/ I'm homesick!

Pat has advised me to put a post on the Partick (Specific) forum. I'm driving up from Southampton at the end of the month, in order to spend a week/10days re-aquainting myself with the West End and in particular, Partick. My Grandad, Andrew Edgar, had a blacksmiths shop at 31 Anderson Street and also in Merkland Street and one in Anderston, between 1920 and 1942, when he died aged 57. He lived at 1 Partickhill Road after moving from Maule Drive, with his wife Margaret, daughters Marion and Edith and son Norman (my Dad). Either of the Partick ones became Johnsons Bakery (the red and gold vans were signwritten "JOHNSONS ROLLS")in the 1960's because my Dad took me there, when I was a lad. Sadly my Dad passed away so I need to do my own searches. It's been two long years since my last visit and I'm really looking forward to returning to home soil.

If any of this rings any bells at all, I would appreciate a reply

Pat has advised me to put a post on the Partick (Specific) forum. I'm driving up from Southampton at the end of the month, in order to spend a week/10days re-aquainting myself with the West End and in particular, Partick. My Grandad, Andrew Edgar, had a blacksmiths shop at 31 Anderson Street and also in Merkland Street and one in Anderston, between 1920 and 1942, when he died aged 57. He lived at 1 Partickhill Road after moving from Maule Drive, with his wife Margaret, daughters Marion and Edith and son Norman (my Dad). Either of the Partick ones became Johnsons Bakery (the red and gold vans were signwritten "JOHNSONS ROLLS")in the 1960's because my Dad took me there, when I was a lad. Sadly my Dad passed away so I need to do my own searches. It's been two long years since my last visit and I'm really looking forward to returning to home soil.

If any of this rings any bells at all, I would appreciate a reply

I'm sure you will make progress with your search, EdgarsofPartick. You seem to have found out quite a lot about your Partick ancestors.