Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
tam

mortality:

furstly, I have been neglectful but am sure thit naebody wid deny this auld man a period of times thit wur truly memorable, and since the early part of January I have enjoyed jist aboot everything thit man can....i really did "slip the surly bonds".

I saw a West End play. Wonderful in itself but the pleasure immensely added to because of the company I was in: the lady loved the play and her laughter was an added bonus.

Came back tae Canada and was joined for a very short period by lovely lady, a lady whom I do believe did enjoy her Winterlude....Toronto, Niagara Falls and Ridgetown and none with any of the sophistication of London England but we do have some attractions......think "Welcome to Holland".

Returned tae England for a few days of wonderment and mibee a wee prayer that the bubble wasnae aboot tae burst.

Then there was my time in the "Sahara", (figurative). There was no lady for many, many, many weeks and the time dragged on until the lady produced a miracle, an early re-unification if I could make a trip to Australia....I did and mair dreams came true.

Oanyway am by mahsel and the wonderful librarian has giein me extra time oan the puter. Am probably no finished we this post but if I wur tae die the morra, ye cuid put oan my tombstone, "his last few months wur magnificent and he has died we a full slate of guid memories".

tam

furstly, I have been neglectful but am sure thit naebody wid deny this auld man a period of times thit wur truly memorable, and since the early part of January I have enjoyed jist aboot everything thit man can....i really did "slip the surly bonds".

I saw a West End play. Wonderful in itself but the pleasure immensely added to because of the company I was in: the lady loved the play and her laughter was an added bonus.

Came back tae Canada and was joined for a very short period by lovely lady, a lady whom I do believe did enjoy her Winterlude....Toronto, Niagara Falls and Ridgetown and none with any of the sophistication of London England but we do have some attractions......think "Welcome to Holland".

Returned tae England for a few days of wonderment and mibee a wee prayer that the bubble wasnae aboot tae burst.

Then there was my time in the "Sahara", (figurative). There was no lady for many, many, many weeks and the time dragged on until the lady produced a miracle, an early re-unification if I could make a trip to Australia....I did and mair dreams came true.

Oanyway am by mahsel and the wonderful librarian has giein me extra time oan the puter. Am probably no finished we this post but if I wur tae die the morra, ye cuid put oan my tombstone, "his last few months wur magnificent and he has died we a full slate of guid memories".

tam

Good for you Tam. Am guessing if this was a film from the 50s we would see loads of crashing waves and trains coming out of tunnels.

Tam,

I'm just amazed at your memory. Great that you are in good spirits and have been having such a good time crisscrossing the Atlantic Ocean - all year. :rolleyes:

My brother invited me to his house on Tuesday as he had some guests; my Dad's best friend and his wife. Jan is a wonderful mid-80s Dutchman, who looks about 70 and his wife is a wee bit older. Both in great spirits and good health. We had such a nice time with them. Sharing great memories and good times. Folks should meet up more often.

There's far too much moaning, wrong footing and back biting in this world - to be avoided at all costs. One thing that you won't see on my gravestone is "the so n' so's wore me oot'. :lol:

Surround yourself with positive vibes. :) You contribute to these.

One thing for sure is that I like this place...like the ithur glasgowwestend annaw but need the auld mac for that.

Thur isnae much that i wid change aboot my last few months but I seemed tae have been marking time, in some areas....didnae write very much and started tae question mahsel before opening my mooth: I dae hauld my haun up tae writing and talking rubbish but every once in a while mibee i need tae and people have been awfy kind, no so much kind as tolerant, i suppose.

The other side of that is the amount of tremendous posts thit I have read, posts thit make ye think a wee bit.

Oanyway....am thinking of Christmas and mibee another trip tae the UK. the "saga" meet at Sutton Coldfields was great and am tryin tae make sure thit I have enough for another visit....mibee a twixmas meet in Scotland.

Youse lot tak care of yursels and am gonnae spend the next two days in ridgetown, playing bridge today and tomorrow....

tam

Responses frae Pat and Sam....nae need tae win the lottery.

One thing for sure is that I like this place...like the ithur glasgowwestend annaw but need the auld mac for that.

Thur isnae much that i wid change aboot my last few months but I seemed tae have been marking time, in some areas....didnae write very much and started tae question mahsel before opening my mooth: I dae hauld my haun up tae writing and talking rubbish but every once in a while mibee i need tae and people have been awfy kind, no so much kind as tolerant, i suppose.

The other side of that is the amount of tremendous posts thit I have read, posts thit make ye think a wee bit.

Oanyway....am thinking of Christmas and mibee another trip tae the UK. the "saga" meet at Sutton Coldfields was great and am tryin tae make sure thit I have enough for another visit....mibee a twixmas meet in Scotland.

Youse lot tak care of yursels and am gonnae spend the next two days in ridgetown, playing bridge today and tomorrow....

tam

Responses frae Pat and Sam....nae need tae win the lottery.

You've a wandering mind right enough, Tam. Thinking of Christmas. :lol: I thought you were sweltering.

canny lass: right enough, it has been sweltering but yesterday we had rain, in Windsor, thunder lightning pourin buckets and a cooler breeze....wonderful. Today am in tje wee burg of Ridgetown and the weather isnae too bad, mind Ridgetown always seems tae have a breeze and a smile oan it's face.

The ithur day it was the "lakers", my furst sighting of them since last year: some are laden and lay very low in the water, ithurs are here tae pick up and they ride quite high.

Another thing was the fire flies, aboot five or six nights ago; nae idea why there are so many oan my front lawn.

Bridge this afternoon and one of the really guid players (a braw jam maker annaw) is thinking of being my partner for duplicate.....the man frae Grangemouth is going hame for a wee bit so am needing a replacement.

Am jist here a few minutes but should be back the morra tae send some e-mail.

tam

Good for you Tam. Am guessing if this was a film from the 50s we would see loads of crashing waves and trains coming out of tunnels.

Whatever do you mean, Sam? :lol: