Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
samscafeamericain

Where are we?

Its the 1960s, its sunny, its a beach scene and its North of Hadrian's Wall.

But where?

img001-1.jpg

(photo reproduced with permission)

Its the 1960s, its sunny, its a beach scene and its North of Hadrian's Wall.

But where?

img001-1.jpg

(photo reproduced with permission)

Nice photo, samsc. Somewhere on the banks of the Clyde. (That means I don't know). :rolleyes:

Help ma boab I need a satnav.:lol:

Ok, you spy with your little eye something beginning with ?

NB by the S

I was going to say North Berwick but I've only been there once so couldn't be sure. What's 'the S' - the sea?

I was going to say North Berwick but I've only been there once so couldn't be sure. What's 'the S' - the sea?

It is, so its NB by the Sea and its not North Berwick (its south of that and north of Whitely Bay)

It is, so its NB by the Sea and its not North Berwick (its south of that and north of Whitely Bay)

"North of Whitely Bay." :rolleyes: My cousins used to go there when we were young but I've never been anywhere near there. I think I need a map. :lol:

Hooray, it is indeed.

well done.

I caught the end of a report about Newbiggen on BBC1 tonight on The One Show. Looks a lovely place and apparently famous for its brave female lifeguards, who've saved a ship or two.

'The Women of Newbiggin', the most decorated group of women volunteers in lifeboat history who received collective vellums in 1927 and again in 1940. Before the arrival of our first tractor T50 in 1949 the women took a very active role in the launch and recovery of the lifeboat whatever the conditions.

http://www.rnli.org.uk/rnli_near_you/news/news_detail?articleid=471278

I caught the end of a report about Newbiggen on BBC1 tonight on The One Show. Looks a lovely place and apparently famous for its brave female lifeguards, who've saved a ship or two.

They're not 'lifeguards'. Lifeguards hang about swimming pools in budgie smugglers.

They're not 'lifeguards'. Lifeguards hang about swimming pools in budgie smugglers.

Right again, G12 bloke. They're lifeboat volunteers.

You better tell me what a budgie smuggler is now. Our very own dictionary and thesaurus rolled into one - happy and fulfilled at his work and doesn't cost a penny. :)

You better tell me what a budgie smuggler is now. Our very own dictionary and thesaurus rolled into one - happy and fulfilled at his work and doesn't cost a penny. :)

That's an interesting bit of information about the women, Pat. I think G12 bloke skipped the quote you added:

"'The Women of Newbiggin', the most decorated group of women volunteers in lifeboat history who received collective vellums in 1927 and again in 1940. Before the arrival of our first tractor T50 in 1949 the women took a very active role in the launch and recovery of the lifeboat whatever the conditions."

Good for them.

Not that there's a thing wrong with being a lifeguard either. I hope you see some around on Newbiggen beach. :)

You should get a computer with Google loaded.

Budgie smugglers are Speedo style swim trunks.

You should get a computer with Google loaded.

And spoil your fun.

Budgie smugglers are Speedo style swim trunks.

Righto! :rolleyes: