Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
Dexter St. Clair

Pat's problem page

laugh.gif

Good wan, Dex. If you prefer advice to be posted to you don't forget to attach s.a.e.

Shoosh, we're aw scribblin' tongue.giflaugh.gif

Shoosh, we're aw scribblin' tongue.giflaugh.gif

If it's really urgent you can just sling your problem up here and I'll do my best to help you sort things oot. You won't mind if others with similar extensive life experience and loads o' training in risk assessment, 'n' stuff like that, chip in? :)

If it's really urgent you can just sling your problem up here and I'll do my best to help you sort things oot. You won't mind if others with similar extensive life experience and loads o' training in risk assessment, 'n' stuff like that, chip in? :rolleyes:

Being an independant type, I rarely go to others wi my problems but if I really was pushed... I don't think I would go far wrong calling here for help. Some would give sound advice, based on their own life experiences and knowledge, some would chunter on quoting various web and media sites, some would totally bemuse me by yakking on about life events and people I don't know anything about, some would sympathise and want to tell their own tale of woe and then ... some would just throw a humorous remark into the pot which would at least raise a smile or even a huge snort, spraying liquid over the keyboard. A few, very few nowadays here would sniff n snort n snigger and insinuate that I had brought my troubles on myself and to "get a grip" which is a statement/sentiment I think is the most unhelpful and ineffectual, maybe even detrimental and destructive to anyone who is in trouble with even the tiniest problem

Being an independant type, I rarely go to others wi my problems but if I really was pushed... I don't think I would go far wrong calling here for help. Some would give sound advice, based on their own life experiences and knowledge, some would chunter on quoting various web and media sites, some would totally bemuse me by yakking on about life events and people I don't know anything about, some would sympathise and want to tell their own tale of woe and then ... some would just throw a humorous remark into the pot which would at least raise a smile or even a huge snort, spraying liquid over the keyboard. A few, very few nowadays here would sniff n snort n snigger and insinuate that I had brought my troubles on myself and to "get a grip" which is a statement/sentiment I think is the most unhelpful and ineffectual, maybe even detrimental and destructive to anyone who is in trouble with even the tiniest problem

Did you mean to say: "How can I address my tendency to be overly analytical? :rolleyes::)

If you feel this problem is getting you down, hingmie, just try spraying some liquid over the keyboard. It works for tam. :)

Did you mean to say: "How can I address my tendency to be overly analytical? :rolleyes::)

If you feel this problem is getting you down, hingmie, just try spraying some liquid over the keyboard. It works for tam. :)

I thought this was me 'throwing a humourous remark in the pot' but maybe not quite cut out for the agony aunt role. :)

Dear Pat,

I have recently found myself attracted certain practices.

Nameley,

• Bestiality
  • Necrophilia
  • Sadism/

My question is this : Am I flogging a dead horse?

:rolleyes:

I thought this was me 'throwing a humourous remark in the pot' but maybe not quite cut out for the agony aunt role. :)

I thought it was funny :rolleyes:

I'm so delighted that there are no problems needing solved. :angry:

Just aware of the windae hingers or maybe stoic celtic blood running through our veins ?

:lol:Just as well for me then, hingmie. Maybe we could change the name to Pat's problems page? :angry:

Although, I often think that a solution to my main problem, which is trying to get everything I need to do completed, would be to photocopy myself.

:lol:Just as well for me then, hingmie. Maybe we could change the name to Pat's problems page? :angry:

Although, I often think that a solution to my main problem, which is trying to get everything I need to do completed, would be to photocopy myself.

Delegate the trivia ! or share yer problems wi us?

Delegate the trivia ! or share yer problems wi us?

I've got two reviews and two features to write, the house is needing a good tidy and I'm trying to plan a wee break and organise gigs for 2011.

I was going to write Christmas Cards tonight but been watching Michael Buble - backstage on his tour.

I've got two reviews and two features to write, the house is needing a good tidy and I'm trying to plan a wee break and organise gigs for 2011.

I was going to write Christmas Cards tonight but been watching Michael Buble - backstage on his tour.

I have my own house to tidy! Friends will just be glad to see you, they will not be inspecting how clean your skirting boards are! I have kept the Christmas cards to a minimum i.e. only sending to folk I never see but once a year, the rest, I can verbally wish "A Merry Christmas n Happy New Year"

Good thread:

Written mainly by two women, two attractive women, two wimmen wha wid decorate oany gatherin they wur tae attend, two weemen i'd.....och am aw bleary eyed and gaspin fur breath, cannae mind what the topic is.

so....starting again.

We had a wee tad of snow, in beautiful Ridgetown. Is "wee tad" a redundancy ?

AND...who is Michael Buble.....if he is a TV star it wid have escaped my notice seein as i havnae watched twenty straight minutes of TV for at least three months.

tam

I have my own house to tidy! Friends will just be glad to see you, they will not be inspecting how clean your skirting boards are! I have kept the Christmas cards to a minimum i.e. only sending to folk I never see but once a year, the rest, I can verbally wish "A Merry Christmas n Happy New Year"

I suspect the skirting boards might be reasonably clean but if any friends arrived right now they wouldn't be able to find a seat. Big guddle. Been out too much and tempted by other activities rather than straight forward hoosework - the soup making can take up a bit of time as can the snowman building. :lol:

It's a timeconsuming and expensive business sending Christmas Cards but I like to send them and receive them. It's also a great time for charities to make some money, and as I never going to be sending anyone a goat for a present, buying around 80 charity cards allows for a contribution.

However, each to his own and yours is a sensible approach, hingmie.

Anyway hoping to make some impact on the tidying front today. At least in one room. :)

Good thread:

Written mainly by two women, two attractive women, two wimmen wha wid decorate oany gatherin they wur tae attend, two weemen i'd.....och am aw bleary eyed and gaspin fur breath, cannae mind what the topic is.

so....starting again.

We had a wee tad of snow, in beautiful Ridgetown. Is "wee tad" a redundancy ?

AND...who is Michael Buble.....if he is a TV star it wid have escaped my notice seein as i havnae watched twenty straight minutes of TV for at least three months.

tam

Who is Michael Buble? My oh my tam, he is one Canadian I think perhaps you would like. http://www.michaelbuble.com/

Notice he is up for a couple of grammies. He is handsome, talented and born to entertain. He's a crooner and sings a lot of the oldies like 'Mack the Knife', 'All of Me' and stuff like that also does a brilliant version of Me and Mrs Jones'.

Nothing at all like Rod Stewart's feeble efforts. Buble is a class act.

Dear Aunty Pat,

He used to post. He used to banter... (sniff sniff) I could fair sense his wee squirrily chist puffin' oot sometimes as he delivered another snappy line - a witty and urbane wee rodent if ever there wiz wan. These days, he disnae utter a peep, just sits in his dray playin wae his nuts ... not a chirrup or a line. sad.gif

I would have thought there were enough nuts roon here to keep him happy. Do you think if I changed my name from Harper to Hazel it might entice him back?

Dear Aunty Pat,

He used to post. He used to banter... (sniff sniff) I could fair sense his wee squirrily chist puffin' oot sometimes as he delivered another snappy line - a witty and urbane wee rodent if ever there wiz wan. These days, he disnae utter a peep, just sits in his dray playin wae his nuts ... not a chirrup or a line. sad.gif

I would have thought there were enough nuts roon here to keep him happy. Do you think if I changed my name from Harper to Hazel it might entice him back?

Hi there Hazel, (giving it a go with that to try out your plan :))Is this no the time of year the squirrels disappear? - I know they don't actually hibernate but you don't see them about so much. Perhaps just a temporary absence or maybe hanging about various dreys.

I agree there are enough 'Nuts roon here' to keep him happy. :)

Maybe Lone Groover will post a photograph of another squirrel and add to the lure? :lol:

Is Sgriob a grey or red squirrel? We're in trouble if we need to find another red.

Hi there Hazel, (giving it a go with that to try out your plan smile.gif)Is this no the time of year the squirrels disappear? - I know they don't actually hibernate but you don't see them about so much. Perhaps just a temporary absence or maybe hanging about various dreys.

I agree there are enough 'Nuts roon here' to keep him happy. laugh.gif

Maybe Lone Groover will post a photograph of another squirrel and add to the lure? rolleyes.gif

Is Sgriob a grey or red squirrel? We're in trouble if we need to find another red.

If his hairdresser is anything like mine, the colour probably changes every month . I used to move from grey to red and now is grey to the every subtle reddish blonde ... laugh.gif Just give me the nod and Hazel will adapt to suit ... laugh.gif

If his hairdresser is anything like mine, the colour probably changes every month . I used to move from grey to red and now is grey to the every subtle reddish blonde ... laugh.gif Just give me the nod and Hazel will adapt to suit ... laugh.gif

Harmony used to do the hazel tint, however, 'the every subtle reddish blonde' is pretty attractive so maybe no change required. :lol:

Harmony used to do the hazel tint, however, 'the every subtle reddish blonde' is pretty attractive so maybe no change required. laugh.gif

Well, we'll have to see. *leaves wee trail of nuts...* smile.gif