Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
samscafeamericain

Fitba

Hehe quite good.

Talking of Refs., If you saw the Arsenal game tonight a clear penalty was denied, the Ref made a mistake, he is human after all and I trust there is no conspiracy against Arsenal.

I hope john reid was watching he could learn from it.

Good lord! Should we now add 'Arsenal fan' to his list of crimes? :lol:

Good lord! Should we now add 'Arsenal fan' to his list of crimes? :lol:

I'm gonna be in bother. When I lived in London I supported Spurs. My Michael had a bib with 'Jimmy for England' embroidered on it when he was a baby and another 'Up the Lillywhites'. His Nan was quite a fan. :)

The "refs" strike is not happening. However we remain concerned about what is happening in North n South Korea and how that may affect other countries, including ours.O and yes the next Royal Wedding has been announced !!! Her parents are contributing to the cost !!!! Seems like the Windsors are already cutting theirs, she got his mothers ring. That in itself is not a bad thing, but come on if yer marrying Betty's grandson wid you not expect a ring specially made, even from the auld jewels, just for you?

I'm gonna be in bother. When I lived in London I supported Spurs. My Michael had a bib with 'Jimmy for England' embroidered on it when he was a baby and another 'Up the Lillywhites'. His Nan was quite a fan. :lol:

Jeese oh, Pat, I hope this is a PM & no a post. :)

The "refs" strike is not happening. However we remain concerned about what is happening in North n South Korea and how that may affect other countries, including ours.

Kwite troo, H:

Football's not a matter of life and death ... it's more important than that

Jeese oh, Pat, I hope this is a PM & no a post. :lol:

It's a post. Great games with Jimmy Greaves, Terry Venables, Pat Jennings, Joe Kinnear etc - "Tottenham Hotspur is a name synonymous with the glamour, prestige, and romance of football's heyday... North London's greatest club"

I was a big Arsenal fan during the time of Tony Adams, David Seaman, Paul Merson & the like, great days, My eldest still is, I'm more of a Man-U fan now.

"Tottenham Hotspur is a name synonymous with the glamour, prestige, and romance of football's heyday... North London's greatest club"

What will happen to that if they do move east? I think it will take a couple of years for the dust to settle & then things will carry on as normal, maybe better than normal with bigger capacity & easier transport links.

I was a big Arsenal fan during the time of Tony Adams, David Seaman, Paul Merson & the like, great days, My eldest still is, I'm more of a Man-U fan now.

I have gone through fazes with Man U. I don't know their players at the moment. I used to watch almost every game on television but not so much anymore. My mother's family were all mad about football.

My grandfather was a scout for Duntocher Hibs and was heavily involved in lots of football projects. I don't know how this came about but in 1920s he went to went to America and established a football team in the steel town of Bethlehem in Pennsylvania. I've still got some of the post cards he sent to his family from the ship he sailed on.

An amusing e mail I got yesterday !

go.jpg

Go Complain! Go Complain!

If you’re no happy, coz the ref was crappy, Go Complain!

If you canny take it, just coz you played shit

You will thank your stars that you went to Go Complain

Yes, you’ll thank your stars that you went to Go Complain!

Does naebody support Partick Thistle these days? sad.gif

Aye, still plenty of Jags fans in toon, harper.

http://www.partickthistle-mad.co.uk/

Excuse me meandering down memory lane again but the ship I grandad sailed to America with in 1924 was the Athenia, built in Fairfields, launched 1923. It was sunk in World War 11.

Aye, still plenty of Jags fans in toon, harper.

http://www.partickthistle-mad.co.uk/

Excuse me meandering down memory lane again but the ship I grandad sailed to America with in 1924 was the Athenia, built in Fairfields, launched 1923. It was sunk in World War 11.

Nae problem.

*Blows whistle for half time chat - meander away*

Ooooh, I think I could be a natural..... tongue.gif

Guest larrytrooper

An amusing e mail I got yesterday !

go.jpg

Go Complain! Go Complain!

If you’re no happy, coz the ref was crappy, Go Complain!

If you canny take it, just coz you played shit

You will thank your stars that you went to Go Complain

Yes, you’ll thank your stars that you went to Go Complain!

Well done LG, a wee bit of humour on the subject.

On referees, I was wondering that a Mr.Smith a senior referee in our Premier league, is a senior policeman, a Superintendent if I am correct, now I seem to remember an ordinary cop getting into trouble in the Media for having another job.

I assume the police authorities now allow second jobs, does anyone know?

Lots of comings and goings among the referees. The Poles and the Portuguese have come and gone. We've got some Israelites and Maltese. Snow is forecast. Matches could be postponed and their trip could be fruitless. Who's playing all the fares?

Guest larrytrooper

Just hear that Hugh Dallas has given his resignation. A good "result" or scapegoat ?

Mr Dallas seems to have brought it on himself, years ago it would have been accepted as humour although in bad taste for some a bit like Mr Cameron and his joke at the expense of the speaker of the house, again a joke, but caused outrage in some.

Mr Dallas seems to have brought it on himself, years ago it would have been accepted as humour although in bad taste for some a bit like Mr Cameron and his joke at the expense of the speaker of the house, again a joke, but caused outrage in some.

What was the "joke" frae Mr Cameron, I must have missed that. I take it, you're not talking about Andy Cameron ?

Guest larrytrooper

What was the "joke" frae Mr Cameron, I must have missed that. I take it, you're not talking about Andy Cameron ?

An MP's Driver bumped Mr Bercow's car and when Bercow is supposed to have said I'm not Happy (the car being bumped) The driver of the other car said who are you then? (He is not a tall fellow Bercow so the inference by those who wish to be offended and the p/c brigade are up in arms about Dwarves etc)

My opinion is it was quite amusing, not meant to be hurtful at all.

An MP's Driver bumped Mr Bercow's car and when Bercow is supposed to have said I'm not Happy (the car being bumped) The driver of the other car said who are you then? (He is not a tall fellow Bercow so the inference by those who wish to be offended and the p/c brigade are up in arms about Dwarves etc)

My opinion is it was quite amusing, not meant to be hurtful at all.

The number of times I have had to call half time on this thread for off topic and red card offences.... rolleyes.gif

Don't push it, Larry - back on topic, please.