Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
samscafeamericain

Fitba

I remember the issue, samsc.

I'm not too sure why but something about a referees' strike strikes me as rather ridiculous. :)

I am no fitba follower but from what I have read and heard on the TV n radio, it seems to me that a threat of strike is even more ridiculous considering the whole debacle seems to stem from a ref lying. Which he admitted to apparently. Sadly due to their job, match officials have always been victims of abuse, par for the course some might say. How and why this has been allowed to be blown up to the proportions it has, I have no idea. It is ONLY A GAME and the ref is only part of that. A well paid part for some to be sure but the SFA should not be held to ransom, I feel. In local parlance, I have to say -The REFS are up theirselves, imo

Silly me to think that we could have a discussion about a strike without it becoming partisan ... rolleyes.gif

I think you will find you are one post late with that roll of the eyes

I am no fitba follower but from what I have read and heard on the TV n radio, it seems to me that a threat of strike is even more ridiculous considering the whole debacle seems to stem from a ref lying. Which he admitted to apparently. Sadly due to their job, match officials have always been victims of abuse, par for the course some might say. How and why this has been allowed to be blown up to the proportions it has, I have no idea. It is ONLY A GAME and the ref is only part of that. A well paid part for some to be sure but the SFA should not be held to ransom, I feel. In local parlance, I have to say -The REFS are up theirselves, imo

This is a classic smoke and mirrors. The ref did not just lie, he then admitted his lie to the Head of Referees who agreed they would concoct a story (another lie) to tell the press. Meanwhile the linesman (who comes out of this with his integrity) decides that he is having none of this and resigns. The next day the SFA press machine tells the awaiting meja that the linesman resigned because of abuse and threats from Celtic Fans (Lie number 3). Unfortunately for the SFA the linesman then goes public and says 'liar, liar pants on fire', he resigned because of the conspiracy of lies concocted by the referee and the head of referees and he has never received any abuse or threats. The can of worms has been opened, the system from the matchday referee to the very organisation that runs Scottish football has been exposed as corrupt.

So rather than address the issue (which was further exacerbated by the Head of Referees then being caught having sent an anti-catholic offensive e-mail from his SFA e-mail account, duHHHHHH!) they launch a sit tight and hope this will blow over strategy and a meja camapign that the referees are fed up having their integrity called into question!!! This is akin to the burglar complaining that we won't let him near the till just because we caught him stealing stuff. The integrity of Scottish Football rests entirely on the next move, which unfortunately I suspect will be more of the 'do nothing but bleat'. I have never been a fan of Celtic leaving Scottish football but if nothing comes of this then I think they are perfectly within their rights to seek football elsewhere, possibly seeking to join EPL 2. There are precedents for this happening where a club can show they have no trust in the system and unfortunately for Scottish Football, the announced referees 'strike' (which won't happen) exposed Scottish Football to the curious world.

Guest larrytrooper

Silly me to think that we could have a discussion about a strike without it becoming partisan ... rolleyes.gif

Did you think I was being partisan Harps?

Sam's view gives me a great laugh, he couldn't see the truth about any of his obsessions, from religion to football.lol

Guest larrytrooper

Sam you are absolutely RIGHT about one thing. If Celtic are not satisfied with the outcome, and I do not think they will be.

They should leave the Scottish league.

They AND their supporters would be much happier as the majority of people in SCOTLAND would be if they did go and play in what they are ALWAYS shouting and singing about, their homeland, EIRE>

Bye, Bye best news I've heard on this forum.

Hehehehehe, You are comic Sam, Keep it up, love it,

Larry.

Sam's view gives me a great laugh, he couldn't see the truth about any of his obsessions, from religion to football.lol

Are you making a point or picking a fight, Larry? It's hard to tell sometimes.

I think the topic was developing lines of division, so yes, I do. It would be nice to keep it off the terraces and focused on the issue of a strike over one man's actions. smile.gif

I don't think I have mentioned religion onmce in this post Larry. You on the other hand seem obsessed by it, virtually every post is a dig at some religion be it Islam or Catholicism. I am sure you can justify it to yourself that you are just being 'witty'; I personally think you've missed the T from the start of that.

Guest larrytrooper

I don't think I have mentioned religion onmce in this post Larry. You on the other hand seem obsessed by it, virtually every post is a dig at some religion be it Islam or Catholicism. I am sure you can justify it to yourself that you are just being 'witty'; I personally think you've missed the T from the start of that.

Comedy you are!!

I can't rally answer in case I'm deleted again 'cause your comments on religion in other posts and the fact you think I mention it on all my posts actually show what you are. LOL

Your comments to a very articulate poster who now has her own site were a give away. As we can't discuss religion etc on here I'll let you carry on as you obviously can!!

I posted a genuine answer to you about a previous post I went onto a site on your say so and gave my opinion. You tried to ridicule my answer. Now if you read that post again and try to say you are fair or unbiased, then you need help son.

Unlike you I don't need to justify myself as I am not into believing in nonsense.

Please lay off with the provocative posts nobody on here is interested in blue nose - green nose patter.

However, I'm not being forced to take down a topic that is of interest to forum members so if you want to talk about fitba fine. However, if you want to air your prejudices you will be welcomed with open arms elsewhere.

Stick to the topic and stick to the forum rules.

Looks like we might have some Scandinavians arriving - the game must go on:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2010/11/23/sfa-plan-to-fly-in-referees-from-ireland-and-scandinavia-to-cover-for-scotland-s-striking-match-officials-86908-22733866/

Hope they have nice cool heads.

Comedy you are!!

I can't rally answer in case I'm deleted again 'cause your comments on religion in other posts and the fact you think I mention it on all my posts actually show what you are. LOL

Your comments to a very articulate poster who now has her own site were a give away. As we can't discuss religion etc on here I'll let you carry on as you obviously can!!

I posted a genuine answer to you about a previous post I went onto a site on your say so and gave my opinion. You tried to ridicule my answer. Now if you read that post again nd try to say you are fair or unbiased, then you need help son.

Unlike you I don't need to justify myself as I am not into believing in nonsense.

I'd like to point out there is a clear distinction between discussion and disparagement, Larry and the recent changes in rules came about as a result of the latter. IMO, you sail fairly close to the wind on these matters at times, Larry and that's when I struggle to give you the benefit of the doubt. Fortunately, you have other outlets for the scope and level of discussion you seek . Now, let's cool it and stay on topic or this thread may well be heading for a yellow card.

In the name of Heidie - see whit I did ther? Yellow card ... laugh.gif )

Please lay off with the provocative posts nobody on here is interested in blue nose - green nose patter.

However, I'm not being forced to take down a topic that is of interest to forum members so if you want to talk about fitba fine. However, if you want to air your prejudices you will be welcomed with open arms elsewhere.

Stick to the topic and stick to the forum rules.

Looks like we might have some Scandinavians arriving - the game must go on:

http://www.dailyreco...86908-22733866/

Hope they have nice cool heads.

Oh, how we like a bit of drama. It'll be fighting talk to the last minute and then they'll take to the pitch. laugh.gif

Aye, yir wee avatar is already plucking it out of her handbag.

Guest larrytrooper

I'd like to point out there is a clear distinction between discussion and disparagement, Larry and the recent changes in rules came about as a result of the latter. IMO, you sail fairly close to the wind on these matters at times, Larry and that's when I struggle to give you the benefit of the doubt. Fortunately, you have other outlets for the scope and level of discussion you seek . Now, let's cool it and stay on topic or this thread may well be heading for a yellow card.

Since you and I both think there IS a distinction between discussion and disparagement, read back aways and you will note I did not start the crap, I just answered back in the same vein, so if the rules apply, they must apply to all of us surely.

Please don't give me the benefit of the doubt my friend, not many on here do, no I am NOT trying to pick a fight but when some jessie has a sneaky dig at me as I have said before, I bite back. If you had read my response to saint sam, you would have realised as I try to be, I was truthful. This is actually to an earlier post.

As Pat said there are other and better forums out there I am on one but there are worse ones too and I am friendly with some nice people on here so do not tell me I can go elsewhere Pat if you don't like my content as you seem terrified by some subjects that adults talk about, then put me off your forum for your reasons, don't make snide suggestions about other forums, normally, that is beneath you.

Since we are sticking to the topic now. I hope the sfa come down Hard on ANY manager that runs up to an official and screams abuse and swears into his face. These people who are earning thousands per week as managers and players should show much more integrity.

Well there's actually an important match tomorrow at Ibrox - a bit of class coming to Glasgow! :rolleyes:

It should be a lively game and I predict a 0-0 draw.

Oh no Hingmie we have Rangers here all the time, so we're used to class :rolleyes:

I predict 1-0 for Manchester :o

It should be a lively game and I predict a 0-0 draw.

Hmmmm....would be nice to hope for but Rangers will have be on top form for the full 90 mins.

Oh no Hingmie we have Rangers here all the time, so we're used to class :rolleyes:

I predict 1-0 for Manchester :rolleyes:

Erm, nice to know I was on your mind, Maggs but It was Gladtae you should have been addressing here. :o

Erm, nice to know I was on your mind, Maggs but It was Gladtae you should have been addressing here. :rolleyes:

How? Is he English annaw? :rolleyes:

Since you and I both think there IS a distinction between discussion and disparagement, read back aways and you will note I did not start the crap, I just answered back in the same vein, so if the rules apply, they must apply to all of us surely.

I think everyone recognises the difference, Larryt. Whoever started it - you, as usual, seem intent on continuing with the disparagement, innuendo, and insults - some entirely baseless.

Please don't give me the benefit of the doubt my friend, not many on here do, no I am NOT trying to pick a fight but when some jessie has a sneaky dig at me as I have said before, I bite back. If you had read my response to saint sam, you would have realised as I try to be, I was truthful. This is actually to an earlier post.

As Pat said there are other and better forums out there I am on one but there are worse ones too and I am friendly with some nice people on here so do not tell me I can go elsewhere Pat if you don't like my content as you seem terrified by some subjects that adults talk about, then put me off your forum for your reasons, don't make snide suggestions about other forums, normally, that is beneath you.

What are you havering about now? I don't know if the forums for rampant football fans are better or not Larry but definitely would appear more appropriate to the style of posts in your earlier contributions to this 'discussion'.

Yes there are topics that we will not be discussed on here because it has proved to be the case, over and over, that some people cannot deal with them in an adult or measured fashion. You should really learn to accept this because no matter what your opinion is it will not be changing.

I don't know what I'm meant to be 'terrified' of but I do know what I find acceptable and what I don't and at the end of the day - it is my forum. Albeit Mods have a considerable say and always have had. I expect when you ran your business you expected a certain level of behaviour? Or did you just say - fire ahead slosh your tea aboot and sling your hamburgers across the room and come back ramorra. Doubtful! :rolleyes:

I would say you operated it to suit your values.

Others that were irked by my stance and shared your views have set up an alternative forum; I would say that was the sensible thing to do and a win-win situation. You appear to be the sole voice expressing dissatisfaction.

Are you having a bid for martyrdom or something 'put me off your forum'? Good God - I admittedly get fed up deleting provocative posts that pay scant heed to forum rules and I'm not the only Mod who takes action. You're giving us quite a lot of work and that is a nuisance but I don't think anyone considers it to be a banning offence - no-one has ever been banned for churlish behaviour so you're a long way off such a sanction being taken.

In almost a decade of its existence there's not even been a handful of people banned from this forum and if you really are making a bid to join this tiny group you'll really have to up the ante in the bad behaviour stakes. (Don't think of this as encouragement just setting you straight)

Since we are sticking to the topic now. I hope the sfa come down Hard on ANY manager that runs up to an official and screams abuse and swears into his face. These people who are earning thousands per week as managers and players should show much more integrity.

Aye like that's going to happen. :rolleyes:

Er, you brought up the issue of other Forums sunshine, No one is directing you elsewhere, just pointing out you have other outlets for subjects you feel curtailed on.

As for anyone round here being terrifed.. pfft, do me a favour. laugh.gif

Now, back on topic ..

Glads, I think intervention from over the boarder must surly count as a foul! laugh.gif

Er, you brought up the issue of other Forums sunshine, No one is directing you elsewhere, just pointing out you have other outlets for subjects you feel curtailed on.

As for anyone round here being terrifed.. pfft, do me a favour. laugh.gif

Now, back on topic ..

Glads, I think intervention from over the boarder must surly count as a foul! laugh.gif

Please no referee (Mod) strikes around these parts. That's me back on topic. :rolleyes:

Guest larrytrooper

Please no referee (Mod) strikes around these parts. That's me back on topic. :rolleyes:

Hehe quite good.

Talking of Refs., If you saw the Arsenal game tonight a clear penalty was denied, the Ref made a mistake, he is human after all and I trust there is no conspiracy against Arsenal.

I hope john reid was watching he could learn from it.

I think everyone recognises the difference, Larryt. Whoever started it - you, as usual, seem intent on continuing with the disparagement, innuendo, and insults - some entirely baseless.

What are you havering about now? I don't know if the forums for rampant football fans are better or not Larry but definitely would appear more appropriate to the style of posts in your earlier contributions to this 'discussion'.

Yes there are topics that we will not be discussed on here because it has proved to be the case, over and over, that some people cannot deal with them in an adult or measured fashion. You should really learn to accept this because no matter what your opinion is it will not be changing.

I don't know what I'm meant to be 'terrified' of but I do know what I find acceptable and what I don't and at the end of the day - it is my forum. Albeit Mods have a considerable say and always have had. I expect when you ran your business you expected a certain level of behaviour? Or did you just say - fire ahead slosh your tea aboot and sling your hamburgers across the room and come back ramorra. Doubtful! rolleyes.gif

I would say you operated it to suit your values.

Others that were irked by my stance and shared your views have set up an alternative forum; I would say that was the sensible thing to do and a win-win situation. You appear to be the sole voice expressing dissatisfaction.

Are you having a bid for martyrdom or something 'put me off your forum'? Good God - I admittedly get fed up deleting provocative posts that pay scant heed to forum rules and I'm not the only Mod who takes action. You're giving us quite a lot of work and that is a nuisance but I don't think anyone considers it to be a banning offence - no-one has ever been banned for churlish behaviour so you're a long way off such a sanction being taken.

In almost a decade of its existence there's not even been a handful of people banned from this forum and if you really are making a bid to join this tiny group you'll really have to up the ante in the bad behaviour stakes. (Don't think of this as encouragement just setting you straight)

Aye like that's going to happen. laugh.gif

Oh, man, Pat has played a blinder. Right ion the back of the net! She's scored! laugh.gif *runs roon the Forum lookin' for someone to hug* laugh.gif

Respect, misses. wink.gif