Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
samscafeamericain

Fitba

England v Monte Negro - No goals.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/live/quotes/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/10/10/12/SOCCER_England_Quotes.html

Spain 3 - Scotland 2 - guess we call that wonderful. ;)

Did we score an equaliser in the 36th minute of extra time (after the Spanish were back in their hotel)?

(now corrrected, G12. ta!)

Did we score an equaliser in the 36th minute of extra time (after the Spanish were back in their hotel)?

:lol: Wishful thinking - will correct the typo.

Ramos and co are worth a watch.:lol:

Spoiler warning:

Don't look if you don't know the score:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9085705.stm

Ah. I get it now, you read from the bottom up. :D

That is a fantastic result after the last game, who else in Europe could have scored twice against Spain? Amazing. What a waste of an opportunity the last game was. :(

Ah. I get it now, you read from the bottom up. :(

That is a fantastic result after the last game, who else in Europe could have scored twice against Spain? Amazing. What a waste of an opportunity the last game was. :lol:

One was very lucky - an own goal. Still they all count.

Should we stay up tonight to watch Scotland v Spain? :lol:

I went to the pub to watch it, the atmosphere in th epub was good, even given the score I think they played well, only becaue I thought they would have been hammered

Glorious defeat. That's a fraze ah've becum accustomed tae ower mah many years follying Scotland.

It's whit wur guid et. It's whit we dae. It's nae consolayshin ataw if ye really think aboot it.

Glorious defeat. That's a fraze ah've becum accustomed tae ower mah many years follying Scotland.

It's whit wur guid et. It's whit we dae. It's nae consolayshin ataw if ye really think aboot it.

happy-smiley-541.gif

I went to the pub to watch it, the atmosphere in th epub was good, even given the score I think they played well, only becaue I thought they would have been hammered

Just shows, Maggs, if your cup's half full you can have a great time. B)

Pele, Maradona and Cryuff in no particular order

Are we talking, skill, talent, charisma and those who brought most pleasure and entertainment?

Maybe not the whole world but my world:

Best, Eusébio. Pele, Cantona, Jennings, Jinky, Larsson and Davie Cooper.

On advice from HH:

I read from the bottom up...it's sometimes no a bad idea...thank you HH.

I saw Mathews play....maist people my age have the mental picture of him sort of shuffling along, taking his time, really being slow...very deceiving. Speed, ball control and wonderful peripheral vision (he knew where everyone was.

I have watched video of Best, Law and Jinky....everyone with talent to spare.

I liked what Stein said to a reporter who asked why a Scotland practice had been cut short..."well", he says, "Jinky took the ba and naebody could get it off him".

tam

I wid loved tae have seen, Gallacher, Morton and James....and Gordon Smith (Hibs)

Are we talking, skill, talent, charisma and those who brought most pleasure and entertainment?

Maybe not the whole world but my world:

Best, Eusébio. Pele, Cantona, Jennings, Jinky, Larsson and Davie Cooper.

And who had the best perm? laugh.gif

And who had the best perm? laugh.gif

:lol: You'll likely be asking next what's more attrctive - long shorts or short shorts?

Best was a joy to behold, Gladtae and lovely hair (that's for harper :))

laugh.gif You'll likely be asking next what's more attrctive - long shorts or short shorts?

Best was a joy to behold, Gladtae and lovely hair (that's for harper smile.gif)

Out of Pele and Maradonna, I'd have to say Pele.

As for the rest, I have this image of Stanley Matthews, or is is Tam, running about ma heid on long drawers .... thanks guys. laugh.gif

Ach, the poor senstive souls. Have people been questioning the status of their parent's marriage? unsure.gif

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/9214212.stm

No, it seems after the referee in a game was caught lying, then the Head of referees agreed with him an even bigger lie to cover up that lie and then the press office of the SFA issued even more lies to slander the fans of one football team, they are horrified that we are calling into question their integrity.

No, it seems after the referee in a game was caught lying, then the Head of referees agreed with him an even bigger lie to cover up that lie and then the press office of the SFA issued even more lies to slander the fans of one football team, they are horrified that we are calling into question their integrity.

jOSIE !!

Guest larrytrooper

On watching what Sam posted I find the correct decisions were made on the 1st two and I feel wrong decisions were made on the next two. On the last one though the ref was unsighted for the handball from the view shown.

No one is coming out of this with a lot of dignity, Neil as manager should be an example to his players and not be swearing into the face of the officials, bad example.

Regards all the "lying" seems he was correct about the actual decision but he should never have lied and it is up to the SFA to punish him or not.

Before we get carried away any more there is no conspiracy against Celtic, that is absurd, YES bad decisions but BAD decisions go against the smaller teams on behalf of Rangers and Celtic regularly the huge shout from the big two at home games does intimidate some refs of that I have no doubt. I also find it rich about Celtic complaining when they had the two best divers since the 10 metre board in Petrov and the wonderful player, although a diver, Larsson. Neil should remember people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Finally to hear [insult removed]also shouting his gob off is sensational. lol The season is far from over yet.

On watching what Sam posted I find the correct decisions were made on the 1st two and I feel wrong decisions were made on the next two. On the last one though the ref was unsighted for the handball from the view shown.

No one is coming out of this with a lot of dignity, Neil as manager should be an example to his players and not be swearing into the face of the officials, bad example.

Regards all the "lying" seems he was correct about the actual decision but he should never have lied and it is up to the SFA to punish him or not.

Before we get carried away any more there is no conspiracy against Celtic, that is absurd, YES bad decisions but BAD decisions go against the smaller teams on behalf of Rangers and Celtic regularly the huge shout from the big two at home games does intimidate some refs of that I have no doubt. I also find it rich about Celtic complaining when they had the two best divers since the 10 metre board in Petrov and the wonderful player, although a diver, Larsson. Neil should remember people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Finally to hear [insult removed] also shouting his gob off is sensational. lol The season is far from over yet.

is that the Follow Follow view

is that the Follow Follow view

Silly me to think that we could have a discussion about a strike without it becoming partisan ... rolleyes.gif

I remember the issue, samsc.

I'm not too sure why but something about a referees' strike strikes me as rather ridiculous. :)