Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Lone Groover

Make it snappy.

They're great, lynnski. I love the man walking through the alleyway with the sea ahead.

Guest Mr Harper

A couple of Turkey photies to keep you going til I get the whole whack up on flickr;

DSCF2304.jpg

Now, see, I can tell where you made the mistake here.

That was the Reiki session you were after: ... Not the Raki session.

I'm sure you felt better after a coupla' days. :lol:

Something sad about those leaves, Mr H.

LG, the canal is great. Do me a favour and put up that fabulous photo of the tenement, please.

nice pic LG. Is it your lens or is top floor wall being pushed out by roof?

nice pic LG. Is it your lens or is top floor wall being pushed out by roof?

I think it is the lens Neil, as it was a bit zoomed, so probably that. you must have just been to Specsavers old man !

Ah, I wondered but didn't like to ask. Intentional or not, I think it's a terrific effect. It makes this nice normal sensible tenement look quite intriguing, as though it contains secret worlds, and is perhaps feeling a bit bursting at the seams with them all. I think if the building decided to hide itself and its secret world completely, the friendly trees there would quickly join forces and obscure it altogether. There would be disappointed photographers and confused neighbours. biggrin.gif

Hmmm. I'll have to go back and look at it now.

In Amsterdam the top heavy building was a feature of design to hoist goods up several floors. As you can see here

Mr L.G. You sure are a star. Visual wonder, education, comparisons and access to your galleries. Thanks for putting up my request - no doubt there will be more. :lol:

Guest Mr Harper

I think it is the lens Neil, as it was a bit zoomed, so probably that. you must have just been to Specsavers old man !

Actually, I think your eyes might not be deceiving you Oz, if you click through the image to its original size, you can see very clearly that a steel brace has been put around the top of the corner bayand the masonry joints further down seem to have opened and been repaired at some point. Also, at that resolution, you can see a couple of steel end plates further along the wall where tie rods have been put in and the cornice work above the windows is so far out of true that significant movement has obviously occurred.

Hope it's not your house LG :lol:

Guest Mr Harper

Actually, I think your eyes might not be deceiving you Oz, if you click through the image to its original size, you can see very clearly that a steel brace has been put around the top of the corner bayand the masonry joints further down seem to have opened and been repaired at some point. Also, at that resolution, you can see a couple of steel end plates further along the wall where tie rods have been put in and the cornice work above the windows is so far out of true that significant movement has obviously occurred.

Hope it's not your house LG :lol:

Oh and those tree roots are in the drains.

That'll be £350 plus VAT, thanks :)

Oh and those tree roots are in the drains.

That'll be £350 plus VAT, thanks :)

I'm very impressed but hope that bill's no for me. :lol:

Anyone visiting Curlers, beware the ale is expensive and not really that good.

Bit of a generalisation! It's the same sort of prices as other pubs in the area, i.e. Brel, Chip, etc, and there's a vast array of ales and lager! Which one did you try LG? My man likes Ubu, and Brooklyn lager.

Bit of a generalisation! It's the same sort of prices as other pubs in the area, i.e. Brel, Chip, etc, and there's a vast array of ales and lager! Which one did you try LG? My man likes Ubu, and Brooklyn lager.

Not a generalistaion. Just because other stupid places charge stupid prices, it is still expensive.

Tried 3 of the four ales. All fusty and poorly kept. All returned and eventually I gave up and moved on. 500 yrds later £2.60 a pint and far far better quality.

Not a generalistaion. Just because other stupid places charge stupid prices, it is still expensive.

Tried 3 of the four ales. All fusty and poorly kept. All returned and eventually I gave up and moved on. 500 yrds later £2.60 a pint and far far better quality.

That's a shame :lol: I've been in now about 7 or 8 times, and not had a bad experience once. As for the prices, yes, it is a wee bit expensive, but it's the West End, sometimes you pay a bit more. Maybe it's the lagers that I've been drinking, but I've not been paying more than 10p or so more than the usual pubs I go to.

Guest Mr Harper

Sincerely hope you frequented Moores Biscuit shop on Morecombelake. ! ! ! !

Excellenty snappy !

Nooo, but sounds interesting. I was only there for a weekend, attending a course. The picture was taken just east of Charmouth, looking back towards Portland which can be seen merging into the bank of cloud.

Nooo, but sounds interesting. I was only there for a weekend, attending a course. The picture was taken just east of Charmouth, looking back towards Portland which can be seen merging into the bank of cloud.

well next time, get ye to Morecombelake and bring back the Dorset Knobs ! ! ! !

Used to go to Charmouth with my Dad. Happy days.

5149308961_13b4f71c4f_z.jpg

Partick Scalextric Set 2 by Dave Trott, on Flickr