Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Lone Groover

Make it snappy.

I use a cannon powershot sd1100 is. Also you can download free photo editing software. I use Gimp, you can get it at Gimp.com, I think. It's an open source program that is like photoshop.

The really nice thing about digital is that you can take a zillion pictures and keep the one or two best. It helps develop your eye. I don't consider myself a "Photographer" but I do take pictures for fun.

Have fun and post some photos.

I use a cannon powershot sd1100 is. Also you can download free photo editing software. I use Gimp, you can get it at Gimp.com, I think. It's an open source program that is like photoshop.

The really nice thing about digital is that you can take a zillion pictures and keep the one or two best. It helps develop your eye. I don't consider myself a "Photographer" but I do take pictures for fun.

Thanks, Peony and thanks also to LG for sending me some info. I am off to Greece next week and might post some when I get back.... if I can find the right button.... tongue.gif

Australian war memorial in country town

p20063.jpg

Typical Digger see fixed bayonet on rifle, cant see it in pic but he has another bayonet in scabbard. Obviously found another one.

When he chucks grenade his rifle will swing round and give him an almighty clout in the groin, make his eyes water.

But the worst thing is if he does throw grenade it will end up in the bar of the Pub acros the road and no digger would do that

I hope this does not mean I have to go take a picture of Sam Houston at the battle of San Jacinto. angry.gif

Can you get one of Davy Crockett, as well, Peony? wink.gif

Ha. Made myself look like a loon. BUT I did find this photo Sam Houston's statue at Huntsville.

That is a mighty big statue, Peony.

Yeah. Well it's Texas . . .

It fits very well in it's setting. You will be just driving along a highway that is heavily wooded on both sides and a clearing opens up and there is giant Sam Houston. Prior to moving to Texas I never thought about Texas much. Since then I have read quite a bit about Houston and he was a pretty interesting guy.

Yeah. Well it's Texas . . .

It fits very well in it's setting. You will be just driving along a highway that is heavily wooded on both sides and a clearing opens up and there is giant Sam Houston. Prior to moving to Texas I never thought about Texas much. Since then I have read quite a bit about Houston and he was a pretty interesting guy.

Any idea why he was called "The Raven"? cool.gif

http://www.lsjunction.com/people/houston.htm

Guest westtender

3315690105_0bb0821fc9_z.jpg

Called "Motherless", by George Anderson Lawson. Lovely.

War Memorial Statue - Kelvingrove Museum.

3315670273_1fb55a34a8_z.jpg

Actually the Cameronians Scottish Rifles monument, and feared by every Glasgow schoolgirl that ever saw it

It was a name given to him by the Cherokees, I think. No idea why they chose it.

The Raven--One morning, at the age of 15, Sam did not appear for work at the store. It was weeks before the family learned that their wayward son had crossed into Indian country and was living with the Cherokees. Sam spent some three years, off and on, with the Indians and was adopted as a son by the chief Oo-loo-te-ka, which translated means "He-Puts-the-Drum-Away." His new father gave him the name Co-lon-neh, which was the word for "Raven."

supernova_5_9_20_10.jpg

Brugmansia, var. Super Nova - by my front door

serenipity2_9_21_10.jpg

Brugmansia, var. Serendipity - on my patio

My garden was pretty ragged when I got home from Sweden, but I'm slowly getting it back in shape. This is the transition period to the fall gardens, so everthing does look a little tired. The photos don't really show scale, but the white blossoms are about a foot long, the pink one maybe 9 inches.

supernova_5_9_20_10.jpg

Brugmansia, var. Super Nova - by my front door

serenipity2_9_21_10.jpg

Brugmansia, var. Serendipity - on my patio

My garden was pretty ragged when I got home from Sweden, but I'm slowly getting it back in shape. This is the transition period to the fall gardens, so everthing does look a little tired. The photos don't really show scale, but the white blossoms are about a foot long, the pink one maybe 9 inches.

These are beautiful,make me think of lanterns.

I use Gimp too! :lol:

I don't consider myself a photographer although I have had some formal training, albeit in 'film' photography and not digital. Not much difference though tbh.

That is a mighty big statue, Peony.

Also a copyrighted image...the wee © gives it away... :lol:

Also a copyrighted image...the wee © gives it away... rolleyes.gif

You've got good eyesight. I just saw a smudge. laugh.gif

(Peony, sorry, can you confirm you have permission to display or post it as a link, please?)

You've got good eyesight. I just saw a smudge. laugh.gif

(Peony, sorry, can you confirm you have permission to display or post it as a link, please?)

No, go ahead and delete it.