Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Lone Groover

Make it snappy.

:lol:

After reading the first couple of critiques and went back and had a look and thought "Looks great to me". :)

Yeah, I liked the spontaneity of the photo, in fact, I like everything about it, and I was not aware it was by such a famous man :)

Some of my photographs include those that haven't turned out quite right:

aileen_and_ryan1-8230.jpg

I think that's a great photo Pat, conveys the happiness of the event and the motion of the dance :)

I think that's a great photo Pat, conveys the happiness of the event and the motion of the dance :)

I love it, lynnski. Something magical about it. It's my niece and her husband.

I've had an Olympus XA camera for about a decade now, bought it in a charity shop. I think I used it once, ran a colour film through it, then never really bothered again. It's been sitting in a box of stuff to go on Ebay for about 5 years now, but I recently decided to dig it out again and run some black and white film through it. When I started at Uni I joined the Photographic Society, and I thought I'd get creative again, rather than just take everything digitally. So I got an Ilford HP 400 (£7!) and took the camera to two events, a mates birthday and a gig. Got it developed (£12!!!!) and was pleasantly surprised by the outcome! Not all of them are in focus, as I've still got to get used to the way the Olympus works, but I love that you can see the grain on them, it's proper film photographs :)

6269787037_006810d7de.jpg

Dave by saltiresounds, on Flickr

I need to find somewhere cheaper than Snappy Snaps to buy the film from, and get it developed, as even with my student discount it's ridiculously expensive!!

I've had an Olympus XA camera for about a decade now, bought it in a charity shop. I think I used it once, ran a colour film through it, then never really bothered again. It's been sitting in a box of stuff to go on Ebay for about 5 years now, but I recently decided to dig it out again and run some black and white film through it. When I started at Uni I joined the Photographic Society, and I thought I'd get creative again, rather than just take everything digitally. So I got an Ilford HP 400 (£7!) and took the camera to two events, a mates birthday and a gig. Got it developed (£12!!!!) and was pleasantly surprised by the outcome! Not all of them are in focus, as I've still got to get used to the way the Olympus works, but I love that you can see the grain on them, it's proper film photographs :)

6269787037_006810d7de.jpg

Dave by saltiresounds, on Flickr

I need to find somewhere cheaper than Snappy Snaps to buy the film from, and get it developed, as even with my student discount it's ridiculously expensive!!

Good for you, lynnski. Maybe the Photographic Society will have cut some deals or you might try online. Nice photie.:)