Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End

We knew it wAs going to happen. The poor are dispensable.

Very interesting n Spain - every other shop is under liquidation but have seen more construction work in the past week than in the past year in glasgow.

Major cuts implemented from yesterday. Some households will lose up to £100 per week. Tories boasting about how the benefits cuts are already having an impact with more people taking up jobs. That'll be a handful of rotten, part-time jobs they've been forced into. The disgust I feel for this government cannot be expressed in words I can print on here. They make me think of vomited bile in the gutter. They are low beyond comprehension.

More children will be going hungry whilst MPs get a huge rise in pay. Disgusting, disgraceful and wicked.

You are absolutely right, CL

I watched a programme the other night about chefs moving in with people on low incomes to try to advise them on their diet. . They weren't even on benefits but all of them were struggling to feed themselves. One young women was in poor health because of inadequate diet. The reliance on food banks by families on benefits and in work in one of the most wealthy countries in the world is a disgrace. You've summed up the people who are making the polices well, they are 'Disgusting, disgraceful and wicked.'

How anyone can bring themselves to vote for them is beyond me.

your just no working hard enough say tories

One million of Britain's lowest paid employees will be classed as "not working enough" and could find themselves pushed with the threat of sanctions to find more income under radical changes to benefits, the Department for Work and Pensions has said.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2013/sep/06/uk-lowest-paid-classed-not-working-enough

Where are the jobs with the extra shifts for those that would like to work more? And do people have the energy even if they can find them. Do they have money for extra childcare. Does it matter if they never actually get to spend time with their children. Their health declines through exhaustion and stress? Who even cares?

'The shadow work and pensions minister, Liam Byrne, said that the policy was attempting to push people into work that wasn't there. "What this out-of-touch government fails to realise is that there simply aren't that many extra shifts to go around. Millions are locked out of work and millions more are desperate to increase their hours."'

Out of touch is right.

Too bad that Labour have backed the Tories with the capping of welfare benefits. Diane Abbott voted against the move. She's on Question Time tonight. Should be interesting.

A lot of Glasgow MPs voted for the cuts. I think they have made a mistake and that this will push people away from the Labour Party. I don't think they are correctly representing the wishes of their constituentss.

This is one way of looking at it: Neil Couling, work services director at the Department for Work and Pensions, also told Holyrood's Welfare Reform Committee that many people who face benefit sanctions "welcome the jolt" it can give them.

He also reported that Benefits Cuts and the use of food banks wasn't related. According to Couling, people are simply maximising their economic choices.

When you receive harsh sanctions and benefits cut, perhaps for not applying for enough jobs, albeit there are no suitable jobs, you may consider feeding your children by going to a food bank. When you're desperate then you have to consider other choices.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/benefit-cuts-and-food-banks-usage-not-related-msps-told.24095779?utm_source=headlines&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=email%2Balert

Dr Geobbels would have been proud of the propaganda job the media and westminster have done on the poor.

Before our very eyes they made the collapse of the banking system through incompetent greed and lack of regulation and the resultant £billions in debt it has caused us to vanish and be replaced with the ruination of the country by the poor and disabled. Its been a work of sheer genius and I am sure will be used as an example in media classes at every university for years to come.

The fact that the public bought it so readily is the real horrible part.

I await the book burnings and kristallnacht