Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
HollowHorn

It don't get any more Nostalgic than this:

Try checking this pure madness Nearest ocean is 2000km away.

One year it had to be cancelled, the river had water init

Makes Henley regatta look real sissy

:D

I sailed across to Barra in the summer of 95, beautiful sailing on a calm sea and I'll never forget the sight as we were coming in to Castlebay at about 8pm, revellers running down to meet the boat holding pints of guinness. B)

Sounds lovely, IonaW. We need to get to more of those islands.

I too had stew in dances in Ireland mainly Buncrana but sure not exclusively :D

That wouldn't have been The White Strand or The Lake of Shadows, IonaW.

I've got loads of friends and relatives around Buncrana and spent many, many months there from childhood.

Just down the road from me in Glenfarne,Leitrim is the brilliantly named Ballroom of Romance- pure Father Ted I'll get a pic next time I'm there :lol::lol:

http://www.glangevlin.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=74%3Athe-rainbow-ballroom-of-romance-glenfarne&catid=34%3Ahistory&Itemid=54

Talkin Father Ted - next town to me has the annual Lady of the Lake contest complete with Wolf Whistling Contest you couldn't make it or indeed where else would you find it :lol: scroll down to see the organisers comments on wimminn/ gurls/ fe**

http://www.impartialreporter.com/news/roundup/articles/2010/07/15/391829-international-entrants-contest-wolfwhistling-crown

Where else indeed? Have you been along to the Match Making at Lisdoonvarna?

Try checking this pure madness Nearest ocean is 2000km away.

One year it had to be cancelled, the river had water init

Makes Henley regatta look real sissy

:lol: madness indeed but funny

That wouldn't have been The White Strand or The Lake of Shadows, IonaW.

I've got loads of friends and relatives around Buncrana and spent many, many months there from childhood.

That would have been the Railway in Fahan circa mid 70's :lol:

I too have relatives in Buncrana and surrounds and when I go up to Derry we always go up to the Railway for a meal -we'll have a natter next time I'm over Pat :lol:

The recent car accident was horrendous.

That would have been the Railway in Fahan circa mid 70's :lol:

I too have relatives in Buncrana and surrounds and when I go up to Derry we always go up to the Railway for a meal -we'll have a natter next time I'm over Pat :lol:

I know it well, IonaW, and Jim played there a number of years ago with his band The Hemmingways.

I also brought in New Year there one year when we got stranded because the boats were off due to very severe weather.

A natter sounds good. :lol:

The recent car accident was horrendous.

Very, very sad. I think seven young fellas died and the driver of another car. Devastating, especially in such a tight knit community.