Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
yonza bam

The 'Nice Word' Thread

I'm thinking mundance has a bit of a ring to it ... laugh.gif

:):D:lol:

It certainly has, harper. I'm just wondering if you do it, be it or eat it? Or do you just feel a little 'mundance' coming on?

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

It certainly has, harper. I'm just wondering if you do it, be it or eat it? Or do you just feel a little 'mundance' coming on?

Essentially, I am seeing a mundance as a happy thing - like a wee skippy hop when something has tickled yur fancy... laugh.gif

Essentially, I am seeing a mundance as a happy thing - like a wee skippy hop when something has tickled yur fancy... laugh.gif

I can just see it. Maybe set off with wi' the wearin' of a wee tartan bunnet?:)

Best friends.

They will be in Ediburgh for Christmas and New Years. A wee innocent Glespie lassie and her husband, going home for a month. I so wish I could tap her on the shoulder and surprise her.

I might just do it. Such a powerful feeling shared between us. Daft things shared and great surprises are the norm. She will be thinking of me and I her.

Nicest words that conjures up the nicest feelings. Best friend. Shared total trust is quite magnificent.

Lovely description, Snow White. Let's know if you buy that ticket. You'll make a swally yet. :)

"So am a bit RUNKLED bit am here" said one of the staff one Boxing Day sale day. A cross between wrinkled n crumpled, I think. 1980 ++ We ALL knew looking at her what she meant ! Now my family use it to describe hangover days. As in " Catch up with you later....., I am just a bit runkled just now" or even the new shorthand "runkled" grunt, grunt .. which means "don't try to engage me in any type of conversation." lol

"So am a bit RUNKLED bit am here" said one of the staff one Boxing Day sale day. A cross between wrinkled n crumpled, I think. 1980 ++ We ALL knew looking at her what she meant ! Now my family use it to describe hangover days. As in " Catch up with you later....., I am just a bit runkled just now" or even the new shorthand "runkled" grunt, grunt .. which means "don't try to engage me in any type of conversation." lol

Very useful sort of word, hingmie.

Very useful sort of word, hingmie.

Not one I see you using much though, Pat :rolleyes: Maybe a few others here would want to adopt ?? Hands up ??

Not one I see you using much though, Pat ;) Maybe a few others here would want to adopt ?? Hands up ??

Not much chance of the hangover experience, hingmie, but I'm sure I could still make use of 'runkled'.

Flurries - now there's a very descriptive word.:)

Sapling is a lovely word. Hope when Spring comes that they will plant some trees in George Square. Looks lovely with the Christmas lights but when they've gone it's back to that dire, drab look and that awful red stuff. Yuck! -

Yuck is a useful expression.

George Square could be the venue for a modern "Paddy's Market" Invite all local artists and craft workers to set up stalls, display their talents alongside any others who want to offload their "previously owned treasures". Tourists and locals would love it. Could be used probably most of the year.

George Square could be the venue for a modern "Paddy's Market" Invite all local artists and craft workers to set up stalls, display their talents alongside any others who want to offload their "previously owned treasures". Tourists and locals would love it. Could be used probably most of the year.

Good idea, but I'm no joining in until they plant the saplings and sort out that red paving.

A bit of a busy day. Hame the noo and am sorting oot five pounds of lean hamburger, ken daein the hamburger parries and puttin them in the freezer.

Whilst am daein the kitchen things am stoppin by the puter and reading this thread....somethin caught my wee ee: somewhere among the saplins, yucks and ithur stuff.....Hingmie wants tae be adopted...."JOY TO THE WURRULD" Santa has come early.....Hingmie: dinnae you fret mah wee hen, the bathroom wull be finished afore the end of the week, a bedroom set wull be found and ah'll mak sure thit the sheets are new, washed and tumble dried.

Yur furst day here and we wull dae the double chocolate muffin frae mcdonalds and right efter we wull motor over tae Grand Point tae meet LILY....ye might want tae jist sit in the car until the dugs are ootside, Titan has started tae dae wee dribbles when he sees me.

tam

A bit of a busy day. Hame the noo and am sorting oot five pounds of lean hamburger, ken daein the hamburger parries and puttin them in the freezer.

Whilst am daein the kitchen things am stoppin by the puter and reading this thread....somethin caught my wee ee: somewhere among the saplins, yucks and ithur stuff.....Hingmie wants tae be adopted...."JOY TO THE WURRULD" Santa has come early.....Hingmie: dinnae you fret mah wee hen, the bathroom wull be finished afore the end of the week, a bedroom set wull be found and ah'll mak sure thit the sheets are new, washed and tumble dried.

Yur furst day here and we wull dae the double chocolate muffin frae mcdonalds and right efter we wull motor over tae Grand Point tae meet LILY....ye might want tae jist sit in the car until the dugs are ootside, Titan has started tae dae wee dribbles when he sees me.

tam

Dearest Tam,yer aff yer heid. However enticing the clean crisp sheets and a sparkling bathroom and all the other embellishments that I am sure you have in your home, I have to tell you that, I do not like dogs of any description, no matter how long or part of a family they may seem to be. IMO,they are just tamed wolves ie wild animals.

tam

Dearest Tam,yer aff yer heid. However enticing the clean crisp sheets and a sparkling bathroom and all the other embellishments that I am sure you have in your home, I have to tell you that, I do not like dogs of any description, no matter how long or part of a family they may seem to be. IMO,they are just tamed wolves ie wild animals.

Hingmie, you gorgeous creature; I have thought long and hard, going over and over your post and all i can say is:-

a four legged friend a four legged friend, she'll never let me down, she's honest and faithful right up to the end, my wonderful one two three four legged friend.

tam

Hingmie, you gorgeous creature; I have thought long and hard, going over and over your post and all i can say is:-

a four legged friend a four legged friend, she'll never let me down, she's honest and faithful right up to the end, my wonderful one two three four legged friend.

tam

Tam, just because she said 'you're aff your heid' there's no need to confirm. :)

Wasn't it nice when 'wicked' came to mean something remarkable. I don't use if myself but I think that's what's meant. :lol:

/www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6SU-MvR8_M

A horse ? This is aboot a horse ? and i was sure thit is was written with Lily in mind.

tam

must be the weather, cannae be an age thing.

/www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6SU-MvR8_M

A horse ? This is aboot a horse ? and i was sure thit is was written with Lily in mind.

tam

must be the weather, cannae be an age thing.

Em, excuse me. I wiz promised fritters and no it's the glad eye wae aw and sundry. Who's this Lily when she's at hame? angry.giftongue.gif

I see "Harper" as the last person tae post and am the moth drawn tae the flame.....my dear young woman, Lily belongs tae the eldest son. She is gentle, loving and is ALWAYS, without fail, pleased tae see me...."Titan" who is gonnae be her lover seems tae like me annaw.

tam

There is a growing number of people on glasgowwestend who, when I see they have posted, are "must read" folk...am no sure that any of them gie me the same lift as you do....mibee Maggs, Pat, HH, Hingmie, GM, JJ, Heidy, Peony, Lynski, Oz, Yonza, LG and so on

....jist noticed the time and am needin tae ready mahsel for a drive tae Grand Point....am comin, Lily and you tell Titan, nae dribbles the day.

I see "Harper" as the last person tae post and am the moth drawn tae the flame.....my dear young woman, Lily belongs tae the eldest son. She is gentle, loving and is ALWAYS, without fail, pleased tae see me...."Titan" who is gonnae be her lover seems tae like me annaw.

tam

There is a growing number of people on glasgowwestend who, when I see they have posted, are "must read" folk...am no sure that any of them gie me the same lift as you do....mibee Maggs, Pat, HH, Hingmie, GM, JJ, Heidy, Peony, Lynski, Oz, Yonza, LG and so on

....jist noticed the time and am needin tae ready mahsel for a drive tae Grand Point....am comin, Lily and you tell Titan, nae dribbles the day.

Pfft!... and so on. laugh.gif My, my, an answer like that will get you an in with the dilomatic service. biggrin.gif

Titan?! I have sooooo got to know the breed of this pooch. Is it a wee fler duster, per chance?

Better throw in a nice word just to show we have not lost the plot completely ... laugh.gif

Frangipane... hate the stuff but love the word... laugh.gif