Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
marcelamckean

Partick Cross Subway Station in Dalcross Pass

Does anyone know what was located behind the Halls Retail shop (1965)

at the old Partick Cross Subway station which is now Kelvinhall Subway station.

In the piece of land which is enclosed now by Dalcross Lane & Dalcross Rd.

Any information would be great.thanks

Not much change out of my 1960s street map, I'm sorry to say. I had a rummage around Hidden Glasgow and there's one mention of it I can find, again of little help.

My guess is that it's always been part of the subway network in one way or another.

PHA had plans to develop it for housing a few years back but that seems to have fallen by the wayside. The PHA website doesn't have a search facility. Perhaps the plans might have suggested earlier use.

Does anyone know what was located behind the Halls Retail shop (1965)

at the old Partick Cross Subway station which is now Kelvinhall Subway station.

In the piece of land which is enclosed now by Dalcross Lane & Dalcross Rd.

Any information would be great.thanks

was it not a small boat yard

Many thanks for your help, think it was a boatyard.Shall ask the locals around the area if they knew the name of it.

cheers

There definitely was a small boat yard there; I remember as a young apprentice being sent to get special fastners and marine varnish from the place.

There definitely was a small boat yard there; I remember as a young apprentice being sent to get special fastners and marine varnish from the place.

It was called Clyde Chandlers

They wurr Fletcher Spedboat/Mercury dealership furra area, merged wae Forth Yach Marina ah thunk at Grangemouth

spent plenty in there

I wiz sent fur a lang weight :lol: Half an oor before the penny dropped

One kid where I worked in Glasgow got sent for a 5 gallon drum of spirit level bubbles from Stanleys in Bothwell Street

One kid where I worked in Glasgow got sent for a 5 gallon drum of spirit level bubbles from Stanleys in Bothwell Street

I remember being told to go for a 'b@stard' file and refusing until my journeyman showed me a catalogue reference to such files :-)

I remember being told to go for a 'b@stard' file and refusing until my journeyman showed me a catalogue reference to such files :-)

That reminded me ov this joke:

Guy goes intae a tool shop and asks furra basturd file

New wummin behind ra coonter starts screamin that he swore at her, manager comes and explains that its ra akshul name ov a file.

Some time later a workie comes in and asks furra file, ra wummin says izzit a basturd wan yur wantin

Wurkie says naw that wee c**t over ther onra shelf wull dae fine