Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
trebor58

Greens? Cinema

Ain't technology wonnerful! Accents picked up in print on the Web.

150 miles north of New York City is where I'm at just this minute.

But what I really want to know is - where are the single skiffs I used to row at Bingham's Pond back when. I loved to, in the words of the Cornell U crew song, "make her cut the water." If I had enough Lsd, I would offer to buy one - even if it was to plant in the ground. But - "Number 9, yer time's up." TTFN

Sounds like you've had quite sufficient Lsd already, Neil. :lol:

The only skiffs you'll find these days are down by Glasgow Green, btw.

Sounds like you've had quite sufficient Lsd already, Neil. ;)

The only skiffs you'll find these days are down by Glasgow Green, btw.

Aye well, had a government subsidized plus half time work education at that place if that's what you had in mind.

I'll try G Green next time I'm over - thanks for the referral. Last time I was on that water was to try out in the jolly boat for Woodside School, one of ma local alma maters. Trouble was the boat had fixed seats, I'm 6' 4 1/2" and ah couldn't get the oar past ma knees. So I had to go back to the single skiffs out Great Western Rd. My last bid for athleticism. Unless you count my role as "demon bowler" on the ROW team at the IBSS in Denmark many years later (have fun teasing out them acronyms).

Ain't technology wonnerful! Accents picked up in print on the Web.

150 miles north of New York City is where I'm at just this minute.

But what I really want to know is - where are the single skiffs I used to row at Bingham's Pond back when. I loved to, in the words of the Cornell U crew song, "make her cut the water." If I had enough Lsd, I would offer to buy one - even if it was to plant in the ground. But - "Number 9, yer time's up." TTFN

Just swans and ducks on Bingham's Pond these days, Neil. Although you can go up the Clyde on a power boat. ;)

Is that Service station still at Binghams pond?

Friend of mine broke down outside it. Brakes failed. They pushed it into Servo & mechanic said he would look at it. Idiot apprentice tried to drive it down ramp to lube bay & it ended up in pond.

Mind you it was a Corsair.

Is that Service station still at Binghams pond?

Friend of mine broke down outside it. Brakes failed. They pushed it into Servo & mechanic said he would look at it. Idiot apprentice tried to drive it down ramp to lube bay & it ended up in pond.

Mind you it was a Corsair.

Good grief!

Just a garage now, Oz, with a Marks & Spencers Supermarket.