Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
trebor58

Greens? Cinema

Does anyone know what happened to 'Greens 'Cinama?I think I have the name right but him indoors says I am wrong.You used to be able to get refreshments brought to your seat.On reflection perhaps you are all too young to remember. :angry:

Guest westtender

Does anyone know what happened to 'Greens 'Cinama?I think I have the name right but him indoors says I am wrong.You used to be able to get refreshments brought to your seat.On reflection perhaps you are all too young to remember. :angry:

D'ye mean the legendary Greens Playhouse, later the even more legendary Glasgow Apollo? Scene of many world famous legendary gigs by every legendary band the world has ever known?

;)

D'ye mean the legendary Greens Playhouse, later the even more legendary Glasgow Apollo? Scene of many world famous legendary gigs by every legendary band the world has ever known?

:angry:

YES thats it I knew I had the name right Thanks.

Indeed. Try here.

Guest westtender

YES thats it I knew I had the name right Thanks.

Greens/ The Apollo is long gone, and demolished long ago - another major crime & one of the many tragedies in the annals of Glasgow's cultural history.

The site is now filled by a multi storey firetrap eyesore of a cinema complex.

Stinking of p*sh and mould, tottering towards the end of its life but memorable and much loved.

That could also sum up most of the bands I enjoyed there. :angry:

Stinking of p*sh and mould, tottering towards the end of its life but memorable and much loved.

That could also sum up most of the bands I enjoyed there. :angry:

Ah, many were a joy to behold, Milligna. Mind you, I saw Chuck Berry at Green's.

No argument from me there, ladies. "Ahh wannasee the Electrick Gypseeeees!"

I think I saw The Moody Blues at Green's as well. I absolutely loved 'Go Now' but never saw (or heard) the appeal of 'Nights in White Satin'. Maybe that's because in my mind I thought it was 'Knights in White Satin' you know like on a white horse. :D

The Electric Hellhounds are pretty good, Milligna.

I feel a new thread coming on.........

:D

I'm waiting patiently (well, impatiently), Rolo.

Is it going to be about singing the wrong lyrics? :angry:

Guest westtender

Nope.

But while you mention it, does ANYONE know the second line to Blinded By The Light?

Without googling?

It is.... "Done up like adooss another runner in the night" ....obviously!!

:lol: Have been singing it all this week, on account of cannae find my trusty and beloved polarised sunspecs.....

Now there's a brilliant voice. Born to sing.

Guest westtender

I aye thought it was 'Cut loose like a douche, another runner in the night..."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hmmm. Naw. It's no 'loose'....definitely no an 'oos' sound on that syllable.

Hmmm. Naw. It's no 'loose'....definitely no an 'oos' sound on that syllable.

Akshully, it depends upon which vershin yer lissinin tae. Springsteens vershin says deuce, but Manfred Mann deffynately say douche. The Manfreds wur wrang tho' as it refers tae a Deuce Coupe car. The Manfred also wrangly sing revved up like a douche (sic), so they wur wrang in mair wiys than wan.

Fur yeers ah thot the Manfreds wur singin, "wrapped up like a douche". Ye cannae begin tae imajin how much damage that imagery did tae mah yoothful brain.

Noo, here's the best bit. Ah went oan Yoochoob tae prove the Manfreds sing "douche" an' came across this.

Nixt kweschin. Name anither band that sang aboot a Deuce Coupe. Wance again - nae googlin, (an' ah doubt if ye'd find it oan Yoochoob).

DeuceCoupeLeftSide.gif

Akshully, it depends upon which vershin yer lissinin tae. Springsteens vershin says deuce, but Manfred Mann deffynately say douche. The Manfreds wur wrang tho' as it refers tae a Deuce Coupe car. The Manfred also wrangly sing revved up like a douche (sic), so they wur wrang in mair wiys than wan.

Fur yeers ah thot the Manfreds wur singin, "wrapped up like a douche". Ye cannae begin tae imajin how much damage that imagery did tae mah yoothful brain.

Noo, here's the best bit. Ah went oan Yoochoob tae prove the Manfreds sing "douche" an' came across this.

Nixt kweschin. Name anither band that sang aboot a Deuce Coupe. Wance again - nae googlin, (an' ah doubt if ye'd find it oan Yoochoob).

DeuceCoupeLeftSide.gif

beach boys - little deuce coupe

yer photies of a hot-rod vershun no exactly an original wan

Ektually my favorite band at Greens was Walter Susskind and his flashy 100 Sunday afternoons at three. Great sounds, great guests (Solomon, Eileen Joyce, Louis Kentner and so on) and cheap up in the gods - 1/6d. Them waz ma days!

Ektually my favorite band at Greens was Walter Susskind and his flashy 100 Sunday afternoons at three. Great sounds, great guests (Solomon, Eileen Joyce, Louis Kentner and so on) and cheap up in the gods - 1/6d. Them waz ma days!

Welcome to Forum Neil. Look forward to more posts

Where do you hail from now ? I take it you are no longer in Glasgow

Welcome to Forum Neil. Look forward to more posts

Where do you hail from now ? I take it you are no longer in Glasgow

Ain't technology wonnerful! Accents picked up in print on the Web.

150 miles north of New York City is where I'm at just this minute.

But what I really want to know is - where are the single skiffs I used to row at Bingham's Pond back when. I loved to, in the words of the Cornell U crew song, "make her cut the water." If I had enough Lsd, I would offer to buy one - even if it was to plant in the ground. But - "Number 9, yer time's up." TTFN