Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
tam

clearing your cache

My primary browser is "Firefox" and periodically i use "Safari".

My mac is quite slow and today it was barely moving. I did the unplug of the modum and nothing changed. I was using Firefox and decided to empty my cache......empty my cache doesn't show on the firefox drop down.

I switched to safari and used the empty my cache. The computer is now working fine and am wondering if emptying the cache on one browser automatically empties the cache on the other.

tam

My mac is quite slow and today it was barely moving. I did the unplug of the modum and nothing changed. I was using Firefox and decided to empty my cache......empty my cache doesn't show on the firefox drop down.

I switched to safari and used the empty my cache. The computer is now working fine and am wondering if emptying the cache on one browser automatically empties the cache on the other.

tam

yes I think so.

tam

yep, your cookies and internet temp files are generally all stored in one place on your c drive

However, you can clean the cache on Firefox, just in case you want to know for future reference.

Tools >>>>> Options >>>>>>> Clear Private Data

In fact, I just looked at it again, and it also works as

Tools >>>>>>>> Clear Private Data (or just by Ctrl Shift Del)

Ooh, I have learned stuff today. I get a feeling that I'll stick the the first option, though, just out of habit. :)

See me...dozy or whit......each time i shut-down, when using firefox, a box appears and tells me i can clear the personal data etc.

tam

.... Ah foned hame tae mah missus efter readin this an' telt hur tae empty mah cache.

She huz noo cleared oot mah bank an moved tae the Bahamas.

She thought it was quite an (out)standing order. Helpful obedient wifey :lol:

This isnae always a great ideeya. Ah foned hame tae mah missus efter readin this an' telt hur tae empty mah cache.

She huz noo cleared oot mah bank an moved tae the Bahamas.

But thats only roon ra cornur frae where ye urr jist noo