Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
elliesdad77

glenfield street

I think this sensitive post best closed and PMs to Dominic with any info. Maybe I have over reacted Lynne because of my own experience. :blink:

Cheers Maggs, but no need to close it, some people may have not seen it yet and want to reply to elliesdad77. Perhaps best just to edit it a bit. Will leave it up to other mods to decide.

No need to edit it.

There was a misunderstanding & it was sorted very well & amicably by the participants.

A good example of waht can go inadvertantly wrong & how with good will it can be sorted out satisfactorily with no hassles.

Hope for many more posts from you Elliesdad.

Interesting development from James73 over on 'Urban Glasgow' it seems that the present Alexandra Parade has moved a tad north from it's original location:

Looked at my old maps and I reckon this is where the streets used to be. The newer

parts of the Royal Infirmary obliterated the original part of Alexandra Parade.

Alexandra Parade Warnock Street James Orr Street Glenfield Street

J73.jpg

Jesus! I surrender. ;)

You are an absolute star, you are:) I remember being new to the Board and how welcoming and helpful you were then. Sending you a big smackarooo. muwah!

Good luck with your search Dominic.

Interesting development from James73 over on 'Urban Glasgow' it seems that the present Alexandra Parade has moved a tad north from it's original location:

Alexandra Parade Warnock Street James Orr Street Glenfield Street

J73.jpg

Actually now you mention it, it seems obvious. Its all new road and rejoins what I imagine to be the old road about 50 yards west of the old Wills factory

You are an absolute star, you are:) I remember being new to the Board and how welcoming and helpful you were then. Sending you a big smackarooo. muwah!

Why, thank-you marm. If it means anything, I feel the same way about you. Prolly best to restrict this to pm's in future, I don't want my bitches getting uppity ;):D:lol:

Why, thank-you marm. If it means anything, I feel the same way about you. Prolly best to restrict this to pm's in future, I don't want my bitches getting uppity ;):D:lol:

I think you mean "ma bitches" Gawd, are they putting something in the water up there?

Glenfield St, from where Warnock St had been. This little enclave, a square (or parallelogram) formed by Alexandra Parade (N), James Orr St (E), Warnock St (S), and Glenfield St (W), was in process of being obliterated. The extension to the Royal Infirmary now occupies the site. March 1973.

GlenfieldStfromwhereWarnockSthadbee.jpg

Thanks to 'Strepadair' over on Urban Glasgow for posting this photo.