Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
weekie

Our Animal Friends

Very similar dog, very similar log. :lol:

yeez mighta sed yooz wurr goin tae Largs, we wid a came and met yeez

Naw- it was just a fleeting moment of madness :lol:

"Deserve a medal" - now where have I seen that phrase before ............................. :lol:

bewdy mate rofl5.gifrofl5.gif

Beautiful garden, Ozneil. It's a pity you can't train Kookaburras to be watch birds. :lol:

They are watch birds!! They sit on arch or canopy frame for hours watching the Gold fish trying to figure out how to cut the wire netting protecting them.

While doing this they sit & crack jokes to each other & laugh their heads off. Just what one needs at about 6am. This goes on for about half an hour then they piss off to wake some one else. So just when you are rolling over to catch another 10 minutes or so a flock of 20 -30 Sulphur crested cockatoos arrive

cockatoo1.jpg

Now most birds flay in some sort of formation .... not these bas tards they fly any old how yelling at each other discussing as to where they are going, trying to find out where they are, whose the boss, who slept with who & what sort of mischief that they can get up to (such as tearing off car windscreen wipers) & generally causing mayhem & all yelling at once. They sound for all the world like chucking out time on a friday night at the Chip.

Actually they are very intelligent birds. I watched one wind surfing along a busy express way he was gliding & swooping in the cars & trucks slipstreams & having the time of his life

Guest westtender

Calvin is a field cocker spaniel - he looks big in this next picture but is actually a small dog -

CalvinreducedIMG_2174.jpg

Beautiful critter - and a kind of a tail I definitely think I've seen before somewhere...

And a very wet nose by the looks of things! :lol: He's lovely. I bet his ears are less than fragrant - full of dinner!

Guest tomtscotland

Beautiful critter - and a kind of a tail I definitely think I've seen before somewhere...

And a very wet nose by the looks of things! :lol: He's lovely. I bet his ears are less than fragrant - full of dinner!

Thanks - yes he is rather handsome.

I don't actually own Calvin - but I do get to look after him quite a lot - sometimes for weeks at a time.

He likes nothing better than crashing through undergrowth and wooded area so his ears usually end up entangled with thorns and sticky seed pods.

There's a few videos of Calvin on youtube which I think would lift anyone's spirit "calvin field cocker spaniel" in search to find these.

Maggs will appreciate this:

bullmouse.jpg

Bull Mouse

and everyone will love Wolfie showing off her black tongue:

wolfieyawning.jpg

She is actually yawning but i think she looks as if she is laughing.

Guest westtender

Acht, maggs - I've just posted that same pic!!

Some dug, and I'm glad it's not me that has to bath him.

Wolfie looks on the verge of a huge sneeze...

Ah widny trust hur peony...take aff hur fur coat ands Ahm sure this is hur!

re3_cerberus.jpg

Zat a snap of wannie yer FF lap dugs Heedie?

EEEEUUUUWWW!

Looks like Sacha Baron Cohen wi a dug's boady?

:huh:

Nah looks merr like gayly royal Prince edward

This is Minze, she belongs to NWE (or should that be the other way round?)

Minze.jpg

Minze was a very happy lady until Freddy arrived on the scene;

Fred.jpg

He had been there a couple of days before I arrived on Thursday night (slightly the worse for wear)

I'd been on a visit to the inside of the Tolbooth Steeple (Woooohoooo) in the morning and had ended up in the 'upper terrace' of the Chip (via a side trip to Babbity Bowser's and a kiss on the cheek from Rolo Tomasi, sigh) plying Westender with 'White Russians' & pints of strong ale.

After NWE had related the tale of Minze's discomfort, I went to pay her a commiserating visit, she was ensconced behind a curtain on the window ledge above the bed, gazing out of the window and feeling very sorry for herself. I rested my elbows on the sill and ignored her for a while till I thought that she had gotten used to my presence. I then made scratching movements on her blanket in the hope that she would join in to my offer of nonchalant contact. She turned her back to me immediately. Nonplussed, I reached out and stroked her back. I've never seen any animal move so fast, she was on me in an instant and then under the bed an instant later. Cats? What's not to love?

IMG_6412.jpg

IMG_6418.jpg

(Wee baistirt, btw) :huh:

Freddy looks a discomfiting sort of guy. Poor Minze. (After that story, I see our Tam has had an influence on you.) :huh:

This is Minze, she belongs to NWE (or should that be the other way round?)

Minze.jpg

It's Miez. And she does now let Fred get within five feet before she starts hissing at him, so progress at least.

The healing mechanism slows down as one gets older, so you ought to be unblemished again by, ooh, August.