Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
weekie

Our Animal Friends

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaww!! He's a doll!! A big cuddly bundle of fluff! :( As is that Alby of Gayle's. Gayle, what's your dog called? He's a lovely colour, all chocolaty!

He is cute Maggs - Alby is a ragdoll. We got him because they are supposed to be very placid and we wanted a cat that would cope with small kids. They are funny how they go completely limp when you hold them.

Billy is our dog's name. He is the best dog I have ever come across - the most gorgeous nature, calm and gentle (even for a labrador) and just loves cuddles. Unfortunately he thinks he is a lap dog and likes to lay across you on the lounge (he is a tad spoilt) which gives you numb legs after a while :D I will be VERY sad to say goodbye to him when we go to UK. My sister is taking him so at least I know he will be in good hands.

Billy enjoying the cooler days indoors...had to take a photo of this as he'd got the pillow and his yellow sun toy by himself and set himself up nicely for the afternoon.

100_1018.jpg

On my nightly walk roon the closes to get some fresh air in the peace of dark I passed by this lovely lovely pup. A chocolate labrador. My, I couldn't keep my eyes off him in the dark of night. He was magnificent bounding all over the place in the snow.

So I remarked to the owner, a young man of about 20ish .."how gorgous"

About two minutes down the road he shouted back..."were you talking about me or my dog"......brilliant to hear that in the quiet of the night.

Sure it wasn't Daveoneill?

What breed of dog is Wolfie again, Peony? I don't think I've ever seen any quite like her. She is quite magnificent looking, isn't she? Is that coat a lot of maintenance? We took billy for a walk this morning and ran into a couple of Golden Retrievers. They were just gorgeous but a lot of brushing, I think! We told the girls we might get a new dog soon and asked for name suggestions - Heather came up with Toola Roola. Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue...

Wolfie is a blue Chow Chow. We like her, but I would not recommend the breed. (Wolfie is not representative of her breed, as far as temperament). She is a lot of brushing so she gets groomed twice a year - during her worst shedding periods.

I like Toola Roola, wouldn't you just call it too roo? lol

Nice looking dog Tom coat looks great

You have him trained to collect firewood?

Thieving bas tard of a kookaburra eyeing up our goldfish for supper

cooka.jpg

Nice looking dog Tom coat looks great

You have him trained to collect firewood?

Thieving bas tard of a kookaburra eyeing up our goldfish for supper

cooka.jpg

Ha! I love kookaburras even though we get woken by their insane laughing every morning. I remember an English person visiting Aust. said one time that she couldn't get over the loud, screechiness of Australian birds. Between the cockatoos and the kookaburras you certainly don't get a sleep in around here.

Calvin just looks great Tomt - nice and shiny.

Remebering the walk this morning that I spoke about earlier - was also memorable cos Heather put on the most spectacular tantrum I have ever seen (and I've seen quite few). Lasted for a full 30 minutes walking from the middle of town to home. The child has stamina, I'll grant her that.

Guest rearender

..................... I remember an English person visiting Aust. said one time that she couldn't get over the loud, screechiness of Australian birds. .............................

Obviously she'd never lived in Earl's Court.

Guest tomtscotland

Ha! I love kookaburras even though we get woken by their insane laughing every morning. I remember an English person visiting Aust. said one time that she couldn't get over the loud, screechiness of Australian birds. Between the cockatoos and the kookaburras you certainly don't get a sleep in around here.

Calvin just looks great Tomt - nice and shiny.

Remebering the walk this morning that I spoke about earlier - was also memorable cos Heather put on the most spectacular tantrum I have ever seen (and I've seen quite few). Lasted for a full 30 minutes walking from the middle of town to home. The child has stamina, I'll grant her that.

Thank's for your comments on Calvin - he's always being complimented for how healthy he looks.

I liked ozneil's picture -and your "insane laughing" description got me curious.

So anyone who wants to hear what kookaburras sound like just click on link below (or "save target as").

They certainly sound manic and a bit hysterical !

The first birds I hear in the morning are a bit easier on the ear :lol: - usually a blackbird or sometimes a collared dove - so relaxing - you can just fall back to sleep :lol:

http://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/resource...Novaguineae.mp3

You cant help liking the thieving so & sos. They always look so cheeky & they even wear a mask over their eyes so they wont be recognised.!!

Guest tomtscotland

Was Calvin visiting Largs last night?

No - but I nearly went to Largs - I think Fred McCauley was on there.

I take it you saw a similar dog?

Calvin is a field cocker spaniel - he looks big in this next picture but is actually a small dog -

CalvinreducedIMG_2174.jpg

Guest rearender

No - but I nearly went to Largs - I think Fred McCauley was on there.

Are you saying you nearly went to see Dead McCauley?

You deserve a medal.

Guest tomtscotland

Are you saying you nearly went to see Dead McCauley?

You deserve a medal.

Naw- it was just a fleeting moment of madness :lol:

"Deserve a medal" - now where have I seen that phrase before ............................. :lol:

Beautiful dog, Tom.

Isn't it strange but the animal shelter lady tells me that black dogs and cats are the most difficult to place in homes. Strange, but I've always had black or black and white dogs.

The birds that wake me are mocking birds. They copy other sounds and bird songs. They will go through a long series of songs. The one that sings me awake every morning tosses in the croaking of a frog along with other bird songs. Very plain birds, but very beautiful songs.