Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
weekie

Our Animal Friends

Dunno, I have always known it as Ruthven St. Why not do a Then and Now with this fine photo of Ruthven St.

charles30zj5.jpg

So darned cute....

Who is the little loddie TOG? He is kinda cute annol. :blink:

Guest westtender

The wee boy is me ... probably taken around 1957.

The dog is Billy.

Here is another one of Billy (just for Westie).

billyde6.jpg

:D

Thanks!

Have said this before & I'll say it again - Billy wis a smasher, by the looks of things.

(So is "The Brammir", Wolfie - any chance of more pics, peony?)

Acht. We don't get long enough wi them, so we don't.

:(

Billy was a big part of our family. He was a Heinz with a decent amount of Old English Sheepdog in him. Like most mongrels, he was very fit and healthy and, indeed, lived till he was 16.

My lifestyle at the moment is not conducive to having a dog (it would not be fair to the dog) so I have to live vicariously through our neighbours wee Beagle ... also called Billie (different spelling as she is a girl). A lovely wee dog who would lick any burglars into submission.

Wance yer circumstances permit, get yersel a dug again, thur brillyant............................oors wid dae ra same as yer naeburrs dug probably, he's the only dug ah've heard of that gets xmas cards and prezzies frae ra naeburrs, wan even brings him bak a prezzie frae thur holidays

Inspired by the braw wee photies of Billy the dug.

Here is, Cuthbert

lickyboy.jpg

Dibble,

dibble.jpg

and Grub.

grub.jpg

Excuse the scabby walls, the extensive DIY has started!!

Guest westtender

Wance yer circumstances permit, get yersel a dug again, thur brillyant............................oors wid dae ra same as yer naeburrs dug probably, he's the only dug ah've heard of that gets xmas cards and prezzies frae ra naeburrs, wan even brings him bak a prezzie frae thur holidays

:(

Ye don't get that wi a neffin feline

Well, I can't resist showing off my beautiful boy...and our cat, Alby, who looks as though butter wouldn't melt in his mouth but loves to ambush the kids at every opportunity. Still, he puts up with a lot too - his favourite game is being pushed around in the doll's pram, he jumps in and waits for one of the girls to push him up and down the corridor!

100_0678.jpg

100_0897.jpg

100_0594.jpg

100_0501.jpg

I love the names you've given your cats Lynnski. Our little Heather (3) insisted on calling the sheep we had for a couple of weeks Polly even though it was a 'he' sheep. She wouldn't be moved - Polly it was.

I love the names you've given your cats Lynnski. Our little Heather (3) insisted on calling the sheep we had for a couple of weeks Polly even though it was a 'he' sheep. She wouldn't be moved - Polly it was.

Thanks. I wanted to get 4 more so I could call them Hugh, Pugh, Barney and McGrew, but 7 is waaaay to many cats!! :(

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaww!! He's a doll!! A big cuddly bundle of fluff! :( As is that Alby of Gayle's. Gayle, what's your dog called? He's a lovely colour, all chocolaty!

He's a doll

He certainly is he's a rag doll, unfortunately not mine, but my brothers. He found an advert in the PDSA shop ion dumbarton Road looking for a home for him. My cat of 16 years died a8 month ago, she was a fluffy Persian rescued from the Cat Rescue Centre

boo :( Go get yourself another wee abandoned baba that needs a good home.

On my nightly walk roon the closes to get some fresh air in the peace of dark I passed by this lovely lovely pup. A chocolate labrador. My, I couldn't keep my eyes off him in the dark of night. He was magnificent bounding all over the place in the snow.

So I remarked to the owner, a young man of about 20ish .."how gorgous"

About two minutes down the road he shouted back..."were you talking about me or my dog"......brilliant to hear that in the quiet of the night.